MapPoint and CefSharp incompatibility?

Trevor

Nov 10, 2015, 12:56:23 PM11/10/15
to CefSharp
I have a basic C# Windows Forms Application which relies on Microsoft MapPoint 2006. We build a windows form  wrapper for the CefSharp Browser that we are trying to integrate with this program to display HTML help reliably.

I am getting exceptions once I initialize the CefSharp browser that seem to be the result of mouse events.  I get a AccessViolationException. The call stack looks something like this:

   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmDisplayChange(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at HtmlHelpTest.FormMain.Main() in .\FormMain.cs:line 1610

If I press continue in the debugger, I get:

   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
   at HtmlHelpTest.FormMain.Main() in .\FormMain.cs:line 1610

Exception Message:

 "Starting a second message loop on a single thread is not a valid operation. Use ShowDialog instead."

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem integrating CefSharp or Chromium with an application that uses MapPoint?

Thanks

Alex Maitland

Nov 16, 2015, 5:28:30 AM11/16/15
to CefSharp