Trying to run MinimalExample.WinForms

Paul Hemans

Nov 4, 2015, 5:26:11 PM11/4/15
to CefSharp
I am trying to do an x86 build of the project and it builds successfully. When I run it I get the browser embedded in a form, but the browser is empty. I enter "http://www.google.com" and press the Go button, but nothing happens. I have tried debugging and get to the point of browser.Load(url); but no errors are thrown.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Alex Maitland

Nov 4, 2015, 5:38:25 PM11/4/15
to CefSharp
That's not exactly a lot of information to go on.

What commit are you using exactly? https://github.com/cefsharp/CefSharp.MinimalExample/commit/2efb9bbf27746d5ecfe0a3156fb80f636fb28632 works fine for me.
What version of visual studio are you using?
Does the debug.log file contain any information? (file is found in the executing folder).
Are you behind a proxy?

Paul Hemans

Nov 4, 2015, 6:01:14 PM11/4/15
to CefSharp
Sorry Alex, .Net isn't really my area.
The debug log simple repeats;
[1105/091119:ERROR:child_process_launcher.cc(445)] Failed to launch child process

I am using SharpDevelop for the build
I am not using a proxy.

Alex Maitland

Nov 4, 2015, 6:16:22 PM11/4/15
to CefSharp
Builds are tested using VS 2013 Community and VS 2015 Community.

I've never tried SharpDevelop personally. What's it nuget support like? CefSharp relies heavily on .targets files to copy the relevant resources to your bin directory.

From the debug.log message it looks like some of the dependencies have failed to copy.

There is a dependency checking feature that will confirm the existence of the relevant files. I've updated the MinimalExample so it's enabled by default.
https://github.com/cefsharp/CefSharp.MinimalExample/commit/f862aa4f44fb3ec7eb54a242191c88a0bd0c54f9

Paul Hemans

Nov 4, 2015, 8:28:02 PM11/4/15
to CefSharp
So I install VS Community and downloaded the zip from https://github.com/cefsharp/CefSharp.MinimalExample
I opened the .sln file in VS.
I set the output to be x86
I right click the CefSharp.MinimalExample.WinForms project and select "Manage Nuget packages"
Package source is cefsharp-myget
If I try and install cef.sdk I get
An error occurred while trying to restore packages: Unable for find version '43.0.1' of package 'CefSharp.OffScreen'
a number of similar errors will appear

If I try to build winforms I get
Error CS0234 The type or namespace name 'WinForms' does not exist in the namespace 'CefSharp' (are you missing an assembly reference?) CefSharp.MinimalExample.WinForms ....MinimalExample-master\CefSharp.MinimalExample.WinForms\BrowserForm.cs 8

Alex Maitland

Nov 4, 2015, 8:43:35 PM11/4/15
to CefSharp

Those packages are on nuget.org.

You need to make sure it's checked in your available package sources list.

Alex Maitland

Nov 4, 2015, 8:51:42 PM11/4/15
to CefSharp

You may also need to update nuget to the latest version

Paul Hemans

Nov 4, 2015, 8:58:25 PM11/4/15
to cefs...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I think we are getting closer
I have cefsharp-myget & nuget.org selected
At the bottom of my error list I have;
Error NuGet Package restore failed for project CefSharp.MinimalExample.WinForms: Unable to find version '43.0.1' of package 'CefSharp.Common'.. 0

Paul Hemans

Nov 4, 2015, 9:06:18 PM11/4/15
to CefSharp
Woohoo it works. I updated nuget and told it to restore.
Built the WinForm project and I can see it properly.

Thanks heaps for your patience.