Customize Render Process Executable File

Tommy Tung

Oct 26, 2015, 7:37:58 AM10/26/15
to CefSharp
Is it possible to customize the render process executable file as same as the main process?

I found the render processes are the same as the main process with C++ of CEF3, for example, the main process executable file name is example1.exe, then the task manager has multi-processes named as example1.exe. However, CEFSharp will bring many processes named cefsharp.browsersubprocess.exe, not example1.exe. This will cause one problem, that is the end-user don't known what cefsharp.browsersubprocess.exe is, and they may consider these processes are virus and kill them in the task manager.

Thanks!

Alex Maitland

Oct 26, 2015, 8:26:13 AM10/26/15
to CefSharp
Currently it's not possible to customize the render process. To date I'm not aware of anyone considering the .exe file a virus.

It some point it may be possible the open issue can be found on GitHub, quite a bit of code needs to be refactored to make it possible.

https://github.com/cefsharp/CefSharp/issues/1149

Tommy Tung

Oct 26, 2015, 9:11:39 AM10/26/15
to CefSharp
Thanks for your information, much appreciated.

在 2015年10月26日星期一 UTC+8下午8:26:13,Alex Maitland写道:

Tommy Tung

Oct 26, 2015, 9:30:48 AM10/26/15
to CefSharp
One more question, could you please list me any applications developed by cefsharp if you know some?

Thanks again.

在 2015年10月26日星期一 UTC+8下午8:26:13,Alex Maitland写道:
Currently it's not possible to customize the render process. To date I'm not aware of anyone considering the .exe file a virus.

Tommy Tung

Oct 26, 2015, 9:35:03 AM10/26/15
to CefSharp
I found many applications developed by CEF, but I don't know whether C++ or C#:

在 2015年10月26日星期一 UTC+8下午8:26:13,Alex Maitland写道:
Currently it's not possible to customize the render process. To date I'm not aware of anyone considering the .exe file a virus.

Alex Maitland

Oct 26, 2015, 5:17:00 PM10/26/15
to CefSharp

Tommy Tung

Oct 26, 2015, 11:10:01 PM10/26/15
to CefSharp
Thanks for your information, much and much appreciated

在 2015年10月27日星期二 UTC+8上午5:17:00,Alex Maitland写道: