Pop-up windows not closing on shutdown

Doug Miller

Jun 4, 2015, 11:24:38 AM6/4/15
to cefs...@googlegroups.com
Recently I have seen sporadic errors where pop-up windows are not closed when the main window closes and the application exits.

I do call CEF.Shutdown()
prior to calling

            if (Application.MessageLoop)
            {
                Application.Exit();
            }

Both of these are called after the main window closes.

I have not been able to reliably replicate this or detect any exceptions.

I am using a WinForms browser with version 37.0.1.  This is occuring on Windows 7 64bit machines.

At this point I am just looking for suggestions about what could cause this.

Alex Maitland

Jun 4, 2015, 9:01:13 PM6/4/15
to cefs...@googlegroups.com
Can you reproduce the problem with `39.0.2`? That should have been resolved.

Doug Miller

Jun 5, 2015, 3:26:35 PM6/5/15
to cefs...@googlegroups.com
I have not tried that, but will do so asap.  Good to know it has been resolved.

Doug Miller

Jun 24, 2015, 3:17:56 PM6/24/15
to cefs...@googlegroups.com

I upgraded first to 39.0.2 and today to 41.0.0. Now  I don't see the windows left open at shutdown ... but I occasionally see a CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.Core exception when exiting the app.  I included a screen shot of the exception detail below.

I am both passing shutDownOnProcessExit true to Cef.Initialize(), and calling Cef.Shutdown() when the process is exiting.  Should I not be doing both?