Publishing Problem

SwissToughGuys

Nov 9, 2015, 6:38:25 PM11/9/15
to CefSharp
Finally i got my project to work, but now im in troubles with publishing it.

I'm working with Visual Studio 2015 on Windows 10

Everything works fine and also running setup after publishing the project does install it and it works (on the developer-system).

Now when i try to do setup on an other computer running Windows 10, ClickOnce is seen in Taskmanager using 0% CPU and  seems to do nothing anymore - no error dialog comes up - just hanging. Files are all there and also Viscual C++ 2015 redist is installed.

If i try to run the app (either via desktop-icon or directly double click the .exe) it short is in Taskmanager but suddenly goes away with no window coming up and no debug.log is written.

Tried now many things, even new installation of Windows 10 (so i have a clean system) - i cannot get it running :'(

Any Idea?

PS: I publish it as installable from CD - no Updates lookup

SwissToughGuys

Nov 10, 2015, 12:19:28 PM11/10/15
to CefSharp
More tries - same behaviour under Windows 7

Jørn Hansen

Nov 11, 2015, 6:17:10 PM11/11/15
to CefSharp
Up to and including CefSharp 43 the Visual C++ redist version should be 2012, not 2015, see https://github.com/cefsharp/CefSharp/wiki/Frequently-asked-questions#Including_vcredist

BR,
JornH

SwissToughGuys

Nov 12, 2015, 12:14:15 PM11/12/15
to CefSharp
Thank you - that was the problem! I read it before, but not correctly - thought Redist 2015 also works (thought it is downwards compatible as would be logical for older software)

SwissToughGuys

Nov 14, 2015, 9:39:44 PM11/14/15
to CefSharp
Strange behaviour? As it worked fine installing published VB.NET Project using CefSharp after installing VC++ 2012 Redist,

 i tried what if i remove it again completely. I removed the VB.NET App, the VC++ 2012 Redist's and then tried to reinstall the App

AND IT STILL WORKED - Also running the App is no problem.

What could be the answer? Is the necessary part not removed if i uninstall the VC++ 2012 Redist, or what?

So i cannot check for correct distribution of my project anymore on a once correctly installed system :-(