Zattoo not working anymore

SwissToughGuys

Oct 31, 2016, 11:55:25 PM10/31/16
to CefSharp
Just an easy Cefsharp webbrowser-control (winforms vb.net not offscreen) using visual studio express 2015 does suddenly not work anymore. no changes in software and also no recompile. Picture is very bad with pixeling.

This happens since yesterday (30.10.2016). Before it showed TV in good quality.

Watching Zattoo in Google Chrome or SRIron works fine.

Flashplayer is up to date (PPAPI) and i also tried to embed pepflashplayer.dll coming with google chrome (and recompiling using actual cefsharp nuget) - not showing better results.

any idea what could be the reason?

SwissToughGuys

Nov 1, 2016, 12:30:42 AM11/1/16
to CefSharp
Okay, i now checked out, and Zattoo newly seems having changed to bitdash-flash-player. No actual Flashplayer-Plugin needed anymore as it seems. Could it be a performance problem of cefsharp now? I tried on several machines - i7 with good graphics card etc... I cannot get an "unpixeled" result on any computer I tried. Watching Zattoo TV on any of these computers by using Google Chrome or SRIron is no problem - with these browsers it works fine.

SwissToughGuys

Nov 1, 2016, 9:29:57 AM11/1/16
to CefSharp
I found out some more looking at the debugging of Google Chrome and the Webbrowser-Control. In Google Chrome, streaming of TV is set via "video" tag, but in my software zattoo uses the "shockwave" - don't know based on what, Zattoo decides to use either one or the other. What could be the reaseon?