CefSharp expert to review CefSharp sample code application

dirk_...@gmx.de

Feb 11, 2015, 4:54:27 PM2/11/15
to cefs...@googlegroups.com
I think I finally got around to understand:

  • what a ResourceHandler is and what it does and
  • what a SchemeHandler is and what it does
I have summarized my small baby steps here in some sample applications with documenting Readme.txt
files to enable others to make the same learning curve in much less time:

https://github.com/Dirkster99/KB

I would be very grateful if someone could review these samples and tell me if somethings horribly wrong or
missing with them - since I'd like to extend these and build more complex stuff on it would be much better
to clear things now then later :-) - the samples are extremely small and are probably just a matter of minutes
if you are a CefSharp expert with WPF.

I would particularly grateful if someone can tell me whether the NavStateChanged and StatusMessage are
used in a sensible way:
https://github.com/Dirkster99/KB/blob/master/00_HelloWorld/KnowledgeBase%20-%20Sample%204%20LocalSchemeHandler/KnowledgeBase/MainWindow.xaml.cs

The NavStateChanged event is used to determine whether a page is currently loading or is already loaded.
I am not sure whether the StatusMessage does in fact ever result in a useful message? Am I using this wrong
or is there a useful message text only in a particular case?

I noticed that the BrowserAddress in the bound AppViewModel:
https://github.com/Dirkster99/KB/blob/master/00_HelloWorld/KnowledgeBase%20-%20Sample%204%20LocalSchemeHandler/KnowledgeBase/ViewModels/AppViewModel.cs

is not being updated by the ChromiumWebBrowser control when I click on a link inside the displayed HTML page:
https://github.com/Dirkster99/KB/blob/master/00_HelloWorld/KnowledgeBase%20-%20Sample%204%20LocalSchemeHandler/KnowledgeBase/MainWindow.xaml

Is this by design (what am I doing wrong to update the current address?) or a bug in the WPF wrapper control?

dirk_...@gmx.de

Feb 12, 2015, 2:00:56 AM2/12/15
to cefs...@googlegroups.com
Looks like I figured out the problem with the changing BrowerAddress - I was just missing an UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged statement in the binding :-)

Please let me know if you see other 'obvious' problems - thanks