libcef.dll adds high memory footprint to Private Working Set of CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess

Club

Jun 15, 2016, 11:08:03 AM6/15/16
to CefSharp

Hi,
I'm developing a WinForms application which uses CefSharp. When analyzing the memory footprint of that application I saw that size of the Private Working Set of the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess is astonishingly high.
Digging deeper I found out that the libcef.dll is often relocated in the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess and therefore adds approx. 40 MB to the Private Working Set.

The issue can be reproduced quite reliable on my system with the CefSharp.WinForms.Example.exe.
The image below shows a screen shot from the Process Explorer. As can be seen lib.cef is relocated (indicated by the yellow background color in the lower pane) and therefore adds 40.464 KB to the Private Working Set.

Is this a known issue? Are there any workarounds (e.g. mechanisms to enforce an earlier loading of the libcef.dll to lower the likelihood of a relocation)?

Any comments or remarks are welcomed.

Regards,

Rainer