Basic Auth with blank password

Brain

May 16, 2016, 10:37:58 AM5/16/16
to CefSharp
I have a web page that has a default login of username="admin", password=""  (empty string, or null).  When I use GetAuthCredentials to callback.Continue("admin", "") it fails to authenticate.  In Chrome browser and IE, a blank password works, but in CEF/sharp it does not.  If I set a password on the website, it logs in correctly.

Has anyone figured out how to use a blank password to automatically log in to a website?  (the website is hosted on a linux IOT device, and works normally from normal browsers).

Thanks,
Brian

bool IRequestHandler.GetAuthCredentials(IWebBrowser browserControl, IBrowser browser, IFrame frame, bool isProxy, string host, int port, string realm, string scheme, IAuthCallback callback)

{

if (!callback.IsDisposed)

{

using (callback)

{
           callback
.Continue("admin", ""); // does not log into web page, null string doesnt work either.  Even tho it works in external browsers

// if I set a password on the page, it does work
           //
 callback.Continue("admin", "password");

{

}