WindowsForms UI get freeze when CefRuntime.ExecuteProcess returns 0

Sai Prasad

Dec 12, 2016, 8:35:17 AM12/12/16
to CefGlue
Dear Dmitry:

Am using cefglue with windowsforms I am facing one issue inconsistently and here is the details,
WindowsForms get freeze when CefRuntime.ExecuteProcess returns 0 even though I wrote a code to return, I request you to please help me on this.

Regards,
Sai Prasad

Dmitry Azaraev

Dec 13, 2016, 9:51:39 AM12/13/16
to CefGlue
What is actual problem? Do you read ExecuteProcess documentation? What's difference between your's usage and demo project usages?

Sai Prasad

Dec 14, 2016, 4:37:25 AM12/14/16
to CefGlue, dmitry....@gmail.com
Hi Dmitry,

Its working now I have changed the implementation, I was trying to call CefRuntime.ShutDown() which is creating issue some times now I have handled in different way first I came out from form by using this.close() and then I tried to call CefRuntime.ShutDown() then it works fine.

Thanks.

Dmitry Azaraev

Dec 14, 2016, 4:43:08 AM12/14/16
to CefGlue
Shutdown is paired call to Initialize: in child processes all work happens inside ExecuteProcess call so there is no room for shutdown. On other side Shutdown call can fail, especially in debug builds, but usually it is can be ignored and/or there is no other way except to ignore problems. Chrome and CEF itself moves to idea to be shutdown-free: i.e. doesn't require shutdown call at all, so at some moment closing all browsers will be enough to exit correctly (usually we say about flushing persisted data like cache, local storage, etc).

Sai Prasad

Dec 19, 2016, 4:12:12 AM12/19/16
to CefGlue, dmitry....@gmail.com
Thanks Dmitry