Recommended Automation tool for CEF, when embedded inside a WPF app

Akanksha Singh

Aug 7, 2015, 2:03:56 AM8/7/15
to CefGlue
I am working on automating an application which is a WPF app with all windows features like menus and shortcuts. Inside which we are embedding a CEF browser. We have tried automation using open source tools but they dont recognize objects within the CEF. Do you recommend any particular tool for such applications.

Josef Nemec

Sep 24, 2015, 6:50:39 AM9/24/15
to CefGlue
You need to enable Chromium's accessibility feature https://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/accessibility for controls to be recognized by automation tools using MSAA or UIA or use debug protocol to control DOM https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/docs/protocol/1.1/index

Senthil Maruthaiappan

Mar 10, 2016, 10:32:50 AM3/10/16
to CefGlue
TestControl Supports via Selenium Extension and way to go for.   You got both WPF automation as well as CEF seamless with one tool.