libcef.initialize function is not working in CEF version 3.2526.1373.gb660893 .

Nishi Gupta

Jul 26, 2016, 1:48:42 AM7/26/16
to CefGlue
Hi, I am trying to upgrade CEF version in my app. from 2272 to 2526. I have copied all Dependencies and dlls from CEF binaries to xilium.CefGlue.

while i try to run my app, it get exit without any error due to the following code:

libcef.initialize(n_main_args, n_settings, n_app, (void*)windowsSandboxInfo) != 0)

I debugged and found that libcef.dll is properly loaded with correct version 2526. But not getting sure why application crashes.

Dmitry Azaraev

Jul 26, 2016, 3:24:10 AM7/26/16
to cef...@googlegroups.com
1. Verify which version of CefGlue you are use. Compatible CEF version is noted usually in commit messages.

2. Why 2526? Now chrome 52 (2743) is latest stable, and compatible cefglue available at master branch.

3. Application probably crashes, but no messages shown, check event log.

Nishi Gupta

Jul 26, 2016, 7:46:02 AM7/26/16
to CefGlue, dmitry....@gmail.com
Hi Dmitry,

1.  I  was using v3.2526.1366.g8617e7c version of CEFGlue and downloded the zip folder from the below link:
 also checked the compatible version of CEF 2526.
2.  I want to support multitouch support with offscreen rendering in my app in future. That's why want to work with 2526 branch.
However, as you suggested i tried with latest stable version(2743) , but facing same issue.

I am able to run the wpf test applications in xilium.cefglue , but when i the same in my app the, libcef.initialize don't work with the changes.

 can you please provide any links or inputs to build cefglue with compatible version of CEF.

Dmitry Azaraev

Jul 26, 2016, 9:44:40 AM7/26/16
to Nishi Gupta, CefGlue

So you are use modified CEF? If you are modify CEF public API then CefGlue should be updated. Especially if cèf_types.h has been modified. But correctly builded CEF auyomatically update ABI compatibility hash. So i don't know.

You shoild use CEF v3.2623.1397.gaf139d7 or compatible.

Try enable debug logging and/or try catch crash, if all requirements met