CefGlue.Demo.WinFrom in Multiprocess mode not working

Ganesh Jadhav

Feb 6, 2014, 5:38:03 AM2/6/14
to cef...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to run cefGlue.demo.WinForm in MultiPrcocess Mode. but not able to produce expected output.
Code taken:
https://bitbucket.org/xilium/xilium.cefglue/downloads --> Downloads --> Branches --> f53b884
Binaries : cef_binary_3.1650.1562_windows32

Setting :
Solution Right Click-->Properties-->Configuration manager --> Active platform to x86.
Copied files from downloaded binaries [Resource + Release] to cefGlue.demo.WinForm\bin\x86\Release directory.

Run :
from cefGlue.demo.WinForm\bin\x86\Release directory , start Xilium.CefGlue.Demo.WinForms.exe process.

Output :
Form opens with Google.com in tab title in 2-3 second exception window appears as : Xilium CefGlue Demo [Windows From] has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Event Viewer :
Faulting application xilium.cefglue.demo.winforms.exe, version 1.0.0.0, stamp 52f3520b, faulting module libcef.dll, version 3.1650.1562.0, stamp 52d3dd6e, debug? 0, fault address 0x009ce37d.

CefLog :
[0206/102303:ERROR:gpu_info_collector_win.cc(102)] Can't retrieve a valid WinSAT assessment.
[0206/102303:VERBOSE1:pref_proxy_config_tracker_impl.cc(148)] 065C3360: set chrome proxy config service to 065C3120
[0206/102303:VERBOSE1:pref_proxy_config_tracker_impl.cc(274)] 065C3360: Done pushing proxy to UpdateProxyConfig
[0206/102303:ERROR:tcp_listen_socket.cc(69)] Could not bind socket to 127.0.0.1:20480

please please respond urgently, it's my 3rd day to make it working.

Note : I am able to make application working when SingleProcess=true.

Thank you.
- Ganesh

Dmitry Azaraev

Feb 6, 2014, 7:14:24 AM2/6/14
to cef...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

It's working fine for me.

Why this error happens?
[0206/102303:ERROR:tcp_listen_socket.cc(69)] Could not bind socket to 127.0.0.1:20480

Try use CEF Debug build, in this case cef log probably will have stacktrace.

BTW: You can use CEF 3.1650.1580.

Best regards,
   Dmitry

Ganesh Jadhav

Feb 6, 2014, 7:22:48 AM2/6/14
to cef...@googlegroups.com, dmitry....@gmail.com
Hi Dmitry,

whether steps which I have taken to make it run are correct? do you think I am missing some thing?
I am using Win XP 3 , VS 2010 prof.

All posts I see are saying same code is working for them. It means there is some thing related to set up on my machine. But what that could be I could not figure out. :(

Tried all means working on another machine Win 7 with diff binaries but same issue.

I remember yesterday once for an 2-3 sec page was loaded in browser , page UI seen in browser and crashed after than never worked even that much.

I'll try with debug build.

Any thing comes in mind meanwhile @ setup please let me know.

Many Thanks.
Regards,
Ganesh

Dmitry Azaraev

Feb 6, 2014, 7:34:33 AM2/6/14
to cef...@googlegroups.com
I'm no have idea.
For first - switch to CEF 3.1650.1580 build.
Then try debug builds and let me know what happens with cef log.
Also try disable remote debugging in sample.

Ganesh Jadhav

Feb 13, 2014, 6:16:07 AM2/13/14
to cef...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for late reply, got stuck in other work load.

to start with I had worked with latest version [Nightly Build], which does not work out.
so moved back to 3.1650.1562 binaries.

thank you,

Ganesh Jadhav

Feb 17, 2014, 5:00:10 AM2/17/14
to cef...@googlegroups.com
Downloaded latest code,, but i think i am running round n round.

I would be more glad to know .....why CefGlue.Client has not worked in SingleProcess=false mode.
I download all code---> change to x86, run Client.exe DOES NOT WORK.

Change Setting SingleProcess=true, run Client.exe, IT WORKS.

There is nothing than this I change.
Same happens with CefGlue.Demo.WInForms.

Question is :
1. Whether CefGlue.client and Demo.WinForms both are expected to run in MultiProcess Mode ?
2. If I do not specify BrowserSubProcessPath, my understanding is system creates two processes with same name by it;s own.
    if my understanding is wrong to make Demo.WinForms to run in MultiProcessMode , which change require in downloaded code.what would be value for BrowserSubProcessPath?

- Ganesh

Dmitry Azaraev

Feb 24, 2014, 12:28:53 AM2/24/14
to cef...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
If you are running it from visual studio, then disable vs hosting process in project options. Or run it without debugging. When VS hosting process is used - there is impossible to spawn same child process (with same image).

Best regards,
   Dmitry