No popup for select tag in Wpf

James Scheidt

Apr 7, 2013, 5:59:49 PM4/7/13
to cef...@googlegroups.com
Having a problem displaying a simple drop down menu (select tag) with the Wpf sample. The CefGlue.Client and CefGlue.Demo.WinForms samples display the element and popup correctly. However, the CefGlue.Samples.WpfOsr sample displays the element and value, but it does not show the popup.

Here's the drop down menu html element.
<select>
  <option value="volvo">Volvo</option>
  <option value="saab">Saab</option>
  <option value="mercedes">Mercedes</option>
  <option value="audi">Audi</option>
</select>

Using latest build that uses CEF 3.1453.1181.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Dmitry Azaraev

Apr 8, 2013, 3:34:01 AM4/8/13
to cef...@googlegroups.com
In sample it is just not implemented. See on CefRenderHandler's methods more precisely (Control/WpfCefRenderHandler.cs) - methods related to popup is OnPopupShow, OnPopupSize, OnPaint (with CefPaintElementType.Popup).

Best regards,
   Dmitry

James Scheidt

Apr 8, 2013, 12:21:06 PM4/8/13
to cef...@googlegroups.com, dmitry....@gmail.com
Thanx, I noticed it doesn't working for tooltips either, so concluded the problem must be more general.

Tim Johnson

Apr 8, 2013, 6:49:37 PM4/8/13
to cef...@googlegroups.com, dmitry....@gmail.com
But what needs to happen in OnPaint?

WpfCefRenderHandler.cs:
        protected override void OnPaint(CefBrowser browser, CefPaintElementType type, CefRectangle[] dirtyRects, IntPtr buffer, int width, int height)
        {
            if (type == CefPaintElementType.View)
                _owner.HandleViewPaint(browser, type, dirtyRects, buffer, width, height);
            else if (type == CefPaintElementType.Popup)
                ???

        }

Dmitry Azaraev

Apr 9, 2013, 4:11:17 AM4/9/13
to cef...@googlegroups.com
See original CEF sample (C++) named cefclient, it supports popups in OSR mode. https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedded/ .

Sjoerd222

Jul 2, 2015, 8:23:31 AM7/2/15
to cef...@googlegroups.com, dmitry....@gmail.com
Am I correct with the assumption that popup rendering is still not implemented in the WPF version? If it has to be implemented it should be done in WpfCefRenderHandler.cs?

You say in Sample it is not implemented. By this you mean in CefGlue.WPF it is not implemented? Or is it something I can implement in a library that uses CefGlue.WPF?

Thanks!