Memory Leak During LoadURL

Talbot McInnis

Aug 29, 2014, 12:29:53 PM8/29/14
to cef...@googlegroups.com
We've been using CefGlue in WPF as a host for a dynamic web page.  In normal use cases, we simply LoadURL our page once on startup, and everything else is JavaScript based, so we didn't see the leak.

However recently we started doing more navigation and have exposed significant memory leaks when doing so.  I have recreated the leak in the WebForms test app.  Simply load a webpage (any I believe, but I was using www.nhl.com) and press refresh, wait for the page to load, refresh again.  The memory usage will escalate every time.

This post http://www.magpcss.org/ceforum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12081&sid=4a5595f45347fec34694f9532f8a9ee4 suggests it has to do with a handler, but our handler only calls MessageRouter.OnProcessMessageReceived, so could that still be causing a leak?
cefglueleak.png

Aaron Lewcock

Sep 16, 2014, 7:58:20 AM9/16/14
to cef...@googlegroups.com
+1 on this.

The attached image shows two LoadURL() calls. 10 minutes after the second LoadURL() there is still ~50MB of lost memory.

Are previous pages not being garbage collected in case the user navigates back?

fddima

Oct 31, 2016, 12:20:02 PM10/31/16
to CefGlue
Do you can reproduce this with cefclient.exe?