That unhelpful soap error

MediumDave

Feb 16, 2007, 6:33:41 AM2/16/07
to Hermes 2.0 Discussion List
Hi all, so in my last post I mentioned I was attempting to get Hermes
2 to talk to SQL Server (2005). I forgot to mention I'm actually doing
this with the bundled Hermes 2 that comes with the webswell
dispatcher, so hopefully there's little difference between the two
when it comes to operations.

I have Hermes able to add partnerships to the MSSQL database, but as
soon as the program begins listening for any inbound messages, it
begins alerting me to a recurring soap error (the soap error is thrown
every time it checks for inbound messages).

It's that lovely ambiguous error message "Error in processing SOAP
request".

If anyone has any good suggestions on anything that could be the
cause, or suggest a fix this error, it'd be most handy. I know there
is a post on here where someone had the same error message, but
there's was for AS2, and this error is thrown by EBMS and the fix for
that topic doesn't work for this error.

And there's nothing wrong with the installation at all, as I set up a
batch file to switch between using PostgreSql and SQL Server, and when
I switch back to Postgres the thing runs fine. :S

hk.hku.cecid.piazza.commons.soap.SOAPRequestException: Error in
processing SOAP request
by java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
by java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:
260)
at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:
169)
at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(DeserializationContextImpl.java:
1015)
at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl
$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at
Source)
Source)
Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl
$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:
242)
at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:
538)
at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:376)
at
com.webswell.connect.webswelldispatcher.ebms.service.EbmsSoapHttpReceiverListStub.request(EbmsSoapHttpReceiverListStub.java:
176)
at
com.webswell.connect.webswelldispatcher.WebswellDispatcher.processMessages(WebswellDispatcher.java:
313)
at
com.webswell.connect.webswelldispatcher.WebswellDispatcher.main(WebswellDispatcher.java:
442)

Any suggestions on a possible cause/fix would be grand. :)