Re: Hermes 2 setup - Error occurs when plugin ebms initiates

Torsten Kirschner

May 15, 2013, 5:03:33 AM5/15/13
to cecid-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Have you installed the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files? You will need that to handle the keystore.

On Wednesday, May 15, 2013, Sameera Abeysinghe wrote:
Hi All,

I am rely new to Hermes and just installed it. I used the hermes2_installer_20100121.jar executable file.
After installing I login to admin panel and click  Ebms Plugin( 2nd from left panel named 'Module')
It says
ErrorError occurs when plugin ebms initiates.
MessagePlease refer to the log in the directory C:\Program Files\hermes2/
TimeWed May 15 11:31:41 IST 2013

Below is a part(where the error is) of the log file

2013-05-15 11:30:49 [-startStop-1] <INFO > <Plugin registry (C:\Program Files\hermes2\plugins) initialized successfully.>
2013-05-15 11:30:50 [-startStop-1] <ERROR> <Error in activating plugin: hk.hku.cecid.ebms>
hk.hku.cecid.piazza.commons.spa.PluginException: Error in processing activation by handler: hk.hku.cecid.ebms.spa.EbmsProcessor
by hk.hku.cecid.piazza.commons.module.ModuleException: Unable to initialize module group 'Ebms'
by hk.hku.cecid.piazza.commons.module.ModuleException: Unable to load modules
by hk.hku.cecid.piazza.commons.module.ModuleException: Unable to initialize component 'Key Store Manager for Digital Signature'
by hk.hku.cecid.piazza.commons.security.KeyStoreManagementException: Unable to initialize the key store
by java.io.IOException: exception decrypting data - java.security.InvalidKeyException: Illegal key size
at org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.JDKPKCS12KeyStore.engineLoad(Unknown Source)
at java.security.KeyStore.load(Unknown Source)
at hk.hku.cecid.piazza.commons.security.KeyStoreComponent.load(KeyStoreComponent.java:169)
... 30 more
2013-05-15 11:30:50 [-startStop-1] <DEBUG> <Component 'Corvus Main Loggger' in module 'Corvus Main System Module' initialized successfully.>

I have attached the full log file for the day

Please help

Regards,
Sameera

Sameera Abeysinghe

May 16, 2013, 10:19:31 PM5/16/13
to cecid-...@googlegroups.com
HI TK,

I didn't knew it was installed. But when I download the JCE from Oracal site the 2 jar files was already in the bin(javahome\bin).
And I copped the jar files to tomcat lib folder also. But still its not working.
But when I set the system environment variable to java home bin folder it seems to be working.
This is just a test setup not sure how this will work in development environment

:(

Thank You for you reply

Regards,
Sameera

On Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:33:33 PM UTC+5:30, T.K. wrote:
Hello,

Torsten Kirschner

May 17, 2013, 8:11:19 AM5/17/13
to cecid-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Oracle JRE/JDK are distributed with limited strength (ie key lengths) due to export restrictions in the USA.
You have to install the unlimited strengh JCE over that. The jar files have the same name and go in the same place, but you will notice that they are of different sizes.