javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for MIME type application/XML

florent....@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2011, 8:09:03 AM12/12/11
to Hermes 2.0 Discussion List
Hello everybody,

We have a Tomcat instance running two webapps: Hermes and our
application. Our application uses JAXWS to exposes and consumes SOAP
WebServices to and from other applications (Hermes WebServices are not
consume with JAXWS, they are consume with the javax.xml.soap.*
classes).

When Hermes is deployed alone, it runs fine. When we deploy the other
application at the same time, we have a problem when we try to send/
receive AS2 message with a content-type of application/XML.
We get the following error in as2.log:

2011-12-12 12:48:29 [http-8080-2 ] <INFO > <Outbound payload received
- From: FPA, To: CONNECTIV-IT, Type: application/xml>
2011-12-12 12:48:29 [http-8080-2 ] <INFO > <Outbound payload persisted
- From: FPA, To: CONNECTIV-IT, Type: application/xml>
2011-12-12 12:48:30 [Thread-48 ] <ERROR> <Outgoing payload task
failure>
hk.hku.cecid.piazza.commons.security.SMimeException: Unable to compute
message digest
by javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH
for MIME type application/XML
at
hk.hku.cecid.piazza.commons.security.SMimeMessage.digest(SMimeMessage.java:
529)
at
hk.hku.cecid.edi.as2.module.OutgoingPayloadTask.calculateMIC(OutgoingPayloadTask.java:
161)
at
hk.hku.cecid.edi.as2.module.OutgoingPayloadTask.execute(OutgoingPayloadTask.java:
99)
at
hk.hku.cecid.piazza.commons.module.ActiveThread.run(ActiveThread.java:
90)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object
DCH for MIME type application/XML
at
javax.activation.ObjectDataContentHandler.writeTo(DataHandler.java:
877)
at javax.activation.DataHandler.writeTo(DataHandler.java:302)
at javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.writeTo(MimeBodyPart.java:
1403)
at javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.writeTo(MimeBodyPart.java:874)
at
hk.hku.cecid.piazza.commons.security.SMimeMessage.digest(SMimeMessage.java:
510)
... 4 more

Searching on Google and in JAXWS and Hermes source code, it appears
that both of them uses Java activation MailcapCommandMap to register
data content handlers. I think there's a problem with that but I don't
exactly understand what and why. Do you have any idea?

We're using JAXWS Reference Implementation 2.2.3. The JAXWS jars are
located in the other webapp WEB-INF/lib folder.

Thanks for your help

Best Regards,

Florent Paillard