Messaging with hermes

jagin

Feb 7, 2008, 3:02:29 AM2/7/08
to Hermes 2.0 Discussion List
Hello,

I want to install Hermes2 on Jboss AS (during now i have some problems
with it; see this thread http://groups.google.com/group/cecid-hermes2/browse_thread/thread/4fe9c050072e638d).

Next i want to write a Message Drive Bean and would like to send a
message info to this MDB from hermes after receiving MSH message. How
should I start? Is it any way configurable? Do I have to code some
plugin? Or I should make some changes in hermes code? Can anybody
point me the right direction?

Thanks and regards

Jarek

hoc...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2008, 10:15:29 PM2/11/08
to Hermes 2.0 Discussion List
Hi Jarak,

Just let you know we're trying out on Jboss AS.
At this moment I found it has problem to create SOAP message factory
by using Jboss default.
So naturally, I placed saaj-api.jar & saap-impl.jar in JBOSS/lib/
endorsed.
The error you mentioned seems be solved. But then I found it cannot
read keystore properly.
I'm wondering the problem would be similar, I'm looking for how to
configure JCE in Jboss.
I need some hints also, if anybody has setup H2O in Jboss successfully
before.
So please be patient, I'll get back to you about this.

About MDB, I'm not sure the reason why you to cope with that. Hermes
was not designed to run as EJB, so I think you may need some coding
effort to package it into EJB. Can you tell me which messaging you're
going to use? AS2 or EbMS?

Regards,
Philip

On Feb 7, 4:02 pm, jagin <jgilew...@jagin.pl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to install Hermes2 on Jboss AS (during now i have some problems
> with it; see this threadhttp://groups.google.com/group/cecid-hermes2/browse_thread/thread/4fe...).

David RR Webber (XML)

Feb 11, 2008, 10:18:47 PM2/11/08
to cecid-...@googlegroups.com
Keystore?

Make your cert and keystore passwd the same - not different.

DW

jagin

Feb 12, 2008, 3:41:13 AM2/12/08
to Hermes 2.0 Discussion List
> Just let you know we're trying out on Jboss AS.
> At this moment I found it has problem to create SOAP message factory
> by using Jboss default.
> So naturally, I placed saaj-api.jar & saap-impl.jar in JBOSS/lib/
> endorsed.

That's a great news. Thanks a lot.

> About MDB, I'm not sure the reason why you to cope with that. Hermes
> was not designed to run as EJB, so I think you may need some coding
> effort to package it into EJB. Can you tell me which messaging you're
> going to use? AS2 or EbMS?

I'm using EbMS. There is a list service. To check if there is any
message to receive i have to call list service in some time intervals.
I think that the better idea would be some integration with JMS. I
would like to see Hermes act like a producer for a JMS queue. Every
time Hermes get some message it could send some information to the JMS
queue. The MDB listening this queue would triger an action to receive
the message.
So i'm looking any way to make some plugin to send the message info to
the JMS queue every time hermes gets the message.
It would be very nice if hermes had some callback functionality (like
beforSend, afterSend, beforeReceive, afterReceive).

Regards

Jarek

hoc...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2008, 5:39:25 AM2/12/08
to Hermes 2.0 Discussion List
Hi Jarek,

The SOAP problem you saw before can be passed by jboss-saaj.jar from
JBOSS_DIR/server/.../lib to JBOSS_DIR/lib/endorsed.
Some people mentioned seems work around when they use JDK1.6 with
Jboss 4.2.x. activation.jar is required as well. (So don't need to
touch saaj-impl.jar & saaj-api.jar, I was wrong)

Then, H2O can start properly. However I found a known issue that also
related to SOAP (http://groups.google.com/group/cecid-hermes2/
browse_thread/thread/813be1ebda574eea/d54106d961d2c241?
#d54106d961d2c241)

Now when I try to send message, it has following error message. The
work around when using Tomcat instead of Jboss is to place saaj-
impl.jar & saaj-api.jar to endorsed folder. But this would produce
content-type problem in Jboss.

And just to recap, I found Jboss 4.0.x has no such issue. I think it's
the same as we tried before H2O doesn't work with SAAJ1.3. For me, it
sounds H2O has to update according to WS spec.

Hope this would save you little time.

Regards
Philip

18:28:20,458 ERROR [STDERR] [Fatal Error] :1:301: The prefix "env" for
element "env:Envelope" is not bound.
18:28:20,459 INFO [STDOUT] 18:28:20,459 ERROR [spa] Error in outbox
task
hk.hku.cecid.ebms.spa.task.MessageValidationException: Cannot
reconstruct the message 20080212-1...@147.8.177.25 from
repository
by org.jboss.ws.core.CommonSOAPFaultException:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The prefix "env" for element
"env:Envelope" is not bound.
at
hk.hku.cecid.ebms.spa.handler.EbxmlMessageDAOConvertor.getEbxmlMessage(EbxmlMessageDAOConvertor.java:
373)
at hk.hku.cecid.ebms.spa.task.OutboxTask.execute(OutboxTask.java:350)
at
hk.hku.cecid.piazza.commons.module.ActiveThread.run(ActiveThread.java:
90)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
Caused by: org.jboss.ws.core.CommonSOAPFaultException:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The prefix "env" for element
"env:Envelope" is not bound.
at
org.jboss.ws.core.soap.EnvelopeBuilderDOM.build(EnvelopeBuilderDOM.java:
93)
at
org.jboss.ws.core.soap.MessageFactoryImpl.createMessage(MessageFactoryImpl.java:
262)
at
org.jboss.ws.core.soap.MessageFactoryImpl.createMessage(MessageFactoryImpl.java:
185)
at
hk.hku.cecid.ebms.spa.handler.EbxmlMessageDAOConvertor.getEbxmlMessage(EbxmlMessageDAOConvertor.java:
367)
... 3 more