Sound:Gender:Feminism:Activism Research Event, London College of Communication

閲覧: 3 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

holly

未読、
2016/10/18 8:44:302016/10/18
To: cec-con...@googlegroups.com

Book now! and please share.......

SOUND::GENDER::FEMINISM::ACTIVISM

::2016::
White Noise

11th and 12th November 2016, 10am - 6pm

CRiSAP
London College of Communication
London, SE1 6SB

Tickets: £25/10 including a special publication celebrating SGFA
and lunch (Leon Lewis gourmet vegetarian catering) on both days.

At SGFA::2016 we will seek to listen together to the complex interplay between the auditory and social protocols of White Noise. Working out from white noise's original sonic conception of a random frequency, broad-based signal that seemingly masks everything else, white noise is, increasingly, all around us. As Jennifer Stoever-Ackerman explains, white noise has become a “sonic protocol,” a socio-cultural norm transmitted as an often sub-audible yet ubiquitous frequency, establishing and maintaining perceptual limits of what and who can be heard.

As in previous years, SGFA::2016  will feature a mixture of live performance, audio and video work and scholarly papers from presenters including Annie Goh, Anuka Ramischwili-Schafer; Barby Asante and Side Room; Dan Scott; Gabriella Beckhurst; Gilles Aubry; INVASORIX; Marika Pratley; Miriam Schinckler; Natasha Lall; Nicola Woodham; Paul Tourle; Poulomi Desai; Rebecca Bruton; Rommi Smith; Seda Ergül and Tuna Erdem (Istanbul Queer Art Collective); Shanti Suki and Syma Tariq.

We are delighted to announce that our keynote presenters will be curator and art historian Christine Eyene and Kingston University chair of sociology and gender, Professor Vron Ware.

--
Dr Holly Ingleton
Associate Lecturer Sound Arts and Design

全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送
新着メール 0 件