(I)MAGESOUND(S) - December 1, 2016 - NYC

Andrew Hill

Nov 25, 2016, 4:46:09 AM11/25/16
hello all,
i hope this finds you well.

wanted to let you know about a project that is finally seeing the light of day.  it's been a hell of a lot of work, but well worth it.  it's a screening and live performance with two great musicians - dennis mcnany and andrew hill - at the new york public library for the performing arts, put on in conjunction with mono no aware.   there's some new 16mm work, sound pieces, and i've been able to access some amazing early 16mm films from the archive, and bring over a few films from UK artists.  . . . .

if you happen to be in new york next week, it would be great to see you here. also, if you have any friends over that way, let them know - tweet, email, hash-tag it, whatever . . . ..  it's always brilliant to meet friends of friends and share the world.

it will be very strange being back in new york after all the post election stuff, so hopefully this will be a way to celebrate the things we do despite the climate.

the event is free, but you have to reserve tickets as part of NYPL's policy.

all the best and hope to see you in new york

jim

more info here:

Inline image
 Inline image