Re: Sonic Arts Forum Meeting UK

Coryn Smethurst

Jun 16, 2015, 5:03:23 PM6/16/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com, ACMA, sonicar...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

The Sonic Arts Forum will be meeting on Thursday 2nd of July at the University of Huddersfield, UK.

If you would like to attend and introduce your work please e-mail – corync...@gmail.com or contact Coryn Smethurst via Facebook by Monday 22nd of June.

Sonic Arts Forum events are open to all composers/sound artists who use technology to produce work. They offer a friendly, informal and supportive environment for feedback and discussion.

Previous events have covered sonic weapons, music for fruit machines, algorithmic composition, live electronics, audio visual works, music for film, acousmatic works, free improvisation, soundscape recording and much more.

As part of the day there will also be a free improvisation session where all are welcome to participate.

Robert MacKay

Jun 17, 2015, 1:54:10 AM6/17/15
to <cec-conference@googlegroups.com>
Hi Coryn,

I should actually be able to make this one for a change! I'll need to be away by about 3:30 though.

What sort of time do you usually run from and until?

Best,

Rob

On 16 Jun 2015, at 22:02, "Coryn Smethurst" <corync...@gmail.com<mailto:corync...@gmail.com>> wrote:

<mailto:cec-conference%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>Dear All,

The Sonic Arts Forum will be meeting on Thursday 2nd of July at the University of Huddersfield, UK.

If you would like to attend and introduce your work please e-mail – corync...@gmail.com<mailto:corync...@gmail.com> or contact Coryn Smethurst via Facebook by Monday 22nd of June.

Sonic Arts Forum events are open to all composers/sound artists who use technology to produce work. They offer a friendly, informal and supportive environment for feedback and discussion.

Previous events have covered sonic weapons, music for fruit machines, algorithmic composition, live electronics, audio visual works, music for film, acousmatic works, free improvisation, soundscape recording and much more.

As part of the day there will also be a free improvisation session where all are welcome to participate.

Coryn Smethurst

Jun 17, 2015, 5:54:15 AM6/17/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob

Excellent - it would be good to see you.  We usually run from about 10.30am to 5.30pm - but it depends how many people want to introduce. Are you wanting to introduce?  If you were do want to introduce I can obviously give you a convenient slot.

Best wishes,

Coryn