Searching for Cylinder Phonograph in Montreal

1 view

Peter van Haaften

Jun 19, 2016, 12:20:12 PM6/19/16
to electroa...@lists.concordia.ca, cec-con...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a cylinder phonograph in Montreal, ideally non-functional. Edison / Columbia / etc.

Not searching for the horn or other attachments, just the phonograph itself, like the attached photo (case not necessary).

Please e-mail me off list if you have one in Montreal or know of a particular place to look.

Thanks!

Peter
edison_cylinder.jpg

alcides lanza

Jun 19, 2016, 1:27:47 PM6/19/16
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com
Dear Peter:
I have seen that unit on display at the Montreal Musee des Ondes Emile Berliner. They also used to have another one 'on reserve'.  I have visited that museum frequently with my class [ History of Electroacoustic Music], which I thaught at McGill until recently. I do not know if they will 'part' with the extra unit.
Just Google <Musee des Ondes Emile Berliner> and you will get into their site.
Good luck, alcides
PS: I am know for putting Emile Berliner ABOVE Edison as for sound recording.... Berliner used to have his factory in Montreal, from ca. 1895 until WWII.

alcides lanza
6351 Trans-Island Avenue
Montreal, Quebec H3W 3B7
(514) 733-7216 (514) (514) 398-4827

*** Follow my blog @ alcideslanza.blogspot.com ***

Visit my homepage @ McGill
Please go to amazon.com to purchase my CDs

To download samples of my music visit www.sonus.ca

ElectroCD.com @: http://www.electrocd.com/en/bio/lanza_al/

Peter van Haaften

Jun 19, 2016, 10:15:51 PM6/19/16
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the information, Alcides!

I have sent an e-mail to the museum to see if they have anything suitable. Also we have found a couple options on Ebay which are more affordable than expected!

Best,

Peter