Call for Proposals- Art and Sound Symposium, Leicester, 4 July 2015

18 צפיות
מעבר להודעה הראשונה שלא נקראה

Rossiter, Martine Louise

לא נקראה,
19 במאי 2015, 5:19:2219.5.2015
עד cec-con...@googlegroups.com

**Apologies for Cross-Posting**

Call for Papers: Art & Sound Symposium, 4 July 2015
Theme: ‘Place. Art. Life.’
Venue: Phoenix Square and Curve Theatre, Leicester.

The concept of ‘place’ is prominent across the arts and life in general. Place can be created or preserved. It encapsulates us, surrounding our daily lives and driving our philosophies of meaning and aesthetics.

Place can be manipulated, imagined and abstracted; yet, it continues to remain as a constant, often long after time has left it behind.

Art & Sound is a symposium series funded by De Montfort University  Leicester, with a special focus on initiating discussion across disciplines and art forms, and between academics and practitioners. It aims to run bi-annually, each time taking a new theme and opening up discourse amongst a greater number of the arts, welcoming contributions from both the digital and fine arts.

As the first event in a series, we welcome papers from established and early-career researchers alike, focused on – but not restricted to – the presence and prevalence of ‘place’ in art and daily life. The deadline for the submissions of papers is: 31 May 2015.

Notification of results: 5 June 2015

To apply, please send a short abstract (c.200 words) and biography to in...@artandsoundsymposium.com

To register, please complete the form at: http://artandsoundsymposium.com/index.php/registration/

The final date for registration is 30 June 2015.

Professor Peter Stollery Dr Suk-Jun Kim (University of Aberdeen) will be presenting keynotes at the event, discussing between them aspect of 'preserving place' and 'body in place'. They will also be presenting a concert of work exploring place in the evening of the symposium.

The event will run over the course of one day on the 4th of July 2015, between 10am and 5pm, at Leicester’s Phoenix Square  A concert will also take place in the evening from 7pm at the Curve Theatre  Several key venues within Leicester’s Cultural Quarter will be used throughout the day. There will be no charge to attend the event, however transport, accommodation and costs are the responsibility of delegates.

For more information about the event, please contact: in...@artandsoundsymposium.com

Art & Sound Symposium can be found online:

Please visit our Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1064666976890958/

Art and Sound Symposium

לא נקראה,
19 במאי 2015, 9:46:2719.5.2015
עד HANNAH-MACLUR...@jiscmail.ac.uk,ILLUSTRATI...@jiscmail.ac.uk,PO...@jiscmail.ac.uk,TANGIBLE-I...@jiscmail.ac.uk,W...@jiscmail.ac.uk,APAC...@jiscmail.ac.uk,B...@jiscmail.ac.uk,C...@jiscmail.ac.uk,BRIT-CO...@jiscmail.ac.uk,MUSIC-AND-MO...@jiscmail.ac.uk,microsoun...@or8.net,acm...@list.waikato.ac.nz,cec-con...@googlegroups.com,MUSIC-AN...@jiscmail.ac.uk,ja...@artandsoundsymposium.com,lou...@artandsoundsymposium.com
השב לכולם
השב למחבר
העבר לנמענים
0 הודעות חדשות