More speaker stand questions

Rick

Jul 24, 2017, 5:09:10 PM7/24/17
to CEC-Conference
Does anyone have any suggestions for stands for 26Kg speakers?

I've been looking at DIY metal frame kits, with plastic corner connectors, but unsure whether the aluminum ones will suffice. Steel? I've seen them (and built them) in studios before, but frankly didn't know what they were made of.

Also looked Atacama, but can not find any specs anywhere on load limits (others that look like them top out way too low by half).

Considering a solid 12"x12" block of wood too.

Probably incapable of building proper plinths. Thinking my wood working skill level sits at shelving.

Suggestions welcome.

Best,

Rick

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz

Jul 24, 2017, 5:55:28 PM7/24/17
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, July 24, 2017 5:08 pm, Rick wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions for stands for 26Kg speakers?

At our Ought-One Festival back in 2001, we built stands for speakers using
3/4-inch PVC pipe and angle connectors. They twisted together quite well and
we used PVC cement to secure them. Because PVC can bend, we made them wider at
the bottom for security (they were about 5 feet high). They were very much
overdesigned for the 30-lb speakers, so your 50-lb ones should do just fine.

I don't have any pix of Ought-One, but maybe somebody took some. I know Larry
Austin was largely in charge of getting the eight speakers in place.

Dennis

Rick

Jul 24, 2017, 6:16:44 PM7/24/17
to CEC-Conference
Interesting idea. Will look into that. Thanks.

Dennis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rick Nance
Leicester, UK
http://ricknance.myartsonline.com/

Antti Saario

Jul 25, 2017, 1:37:09 PM7/25/17
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick,

The Zaor Isostands take up to 45kg and are height adjustable, which have found to be extremely useful when had to chance locations over the years.

Just PM on FB if you want further info, etc.

Cheers!

Antti

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 10:55 PM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz <bat...@maltedmedia.com> wrote:
On Mon, July 24, 2017 5:08 pm, Rick wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions for stands for 26Kg speakers?

At our Ought-One Festival back in 2001, we built stands for speakers using
3/4-inch PVC pipe and angle connectors. They twisted together quite well and
we used PVC cement to secure them. Because PVC can bend, we made them wider at
the bottom for security (they were about 5 feet high). They were very much
overdesigned for the 30-lb speakers, so your 50-lb ones should do just fine.

I don't have any pix of Ought-One, but maybe somebody took some. I know Larry
Austin was largely in charge of getting the eight speakers in place.

Dennis

Rick Nance
Leicester, UK
http://ricknance.myartsonline.com/