looking for composition with voice

natcello2...@yahoo.fr

Nov 18, 2015, 11:51:26 AM11/18/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
for an article about "how today electroacoustic music deal with the voice".
I am looking for composition including voice (texte or not) composed recently (not over 10 years/ No mixte music!) by composers between 30-40 years old.
I would like to be able to be in contact with the composers , for asking questions about the process and of course to listen the music!
Thanks for helping
have a nice day.

Julie Mondor

Julie Mondor
06 72 42 76 02

Objet: [cec-c] INTER- #5: CALL FOR SOUND PROPOSALS (surround, multichannel, stereo, other) - deadline Tue 24th Nov
À: cec-con...@googlegroups.com
Date: Mardi 17 novembre 2015, 15h57

INTER- #5: CALL
FOR SOUND PROPOSALS (surround, multichannel, stereo, other)
-  as part of The Only Way is Ethics Festival,
Glasgow.
For the final INTER- event of 2015, we are asking
for proposals for sound work which responds to the core
themes of The Only Way is Ethics Festival, which takes place
across Glasgow City from 29th Nov - 6th Dec.
The festival "has a firmly ‘green’
perspective and a strong focus on social responsibility,
social inclusion and animal rights".
We would love to hear proposals which respond to
the above, in any way at all. As usual, we will also
consider proposals which don't directly respond to the
brief.
We can accommodate 5.1, quad, stereo and are very
open to other ways and means.
The deadline for submissions is Tuesday
24th November.
INTER- #5 will take place at Stereo, Glasgow on
Wednesday 3rd December and starts at
7.30pm.
Bethan Parkes / HMBKR / Mark Vernon / Matthew Shoen / Nikki
Kane / Felipe Otondo / Jamie Cooper / Nathan Quirk / Luca
Nasciuti / Angus McIntyre & Nicola Reade / Roberto
Zanata / Rory Comerford / Seth Rozanoff / Jox Oiz / Lauren
Sarah Hayes / Tim Cooper / Aisling Quinn / Adam Stansbie /
Linda O'Keeffe / Xavier Madore / Zoë Irvine & Pippa
Murphy / Brian Connolly / Nikos Stavropoulos / Liam Slevin,
Thiago Ruiz / Laurence Chan / Michele Del Prete / David
Philp / Matthew Grouse / Patrick Shand / Gordon Delap /
Damon Lee / Nicolas Marty / Oliver Carman / Jamie Ferguson /
Zubuntu / James Andean / Coryn Smethurst / Konstantinos
Karathanasis / Alexander Bauer / Luis Valdivia
More information on The Only Way is Ethics can be
found here - http://www.ethics.scot/

///////////////////////////////
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL:
Please send you proposal to monostere...@gmail.comwith
the email title INTER- #5 proposalby the closing
date of Monday 23rd November
including the following:- proposal
info - 500 words max- any relevant links to work
(soundcloud / bandcamp preferable to dropbox - it would be
good to avoid downloading entire works at the proposal
stage)- detailed tech requirements including file
format and whether playback (laptop etc.) can be provided
for your work- brief artist bio
Thank you!
//////////////////////////////
More about INTER-
INTER- is a new event series presenting
experimental sound work for loudspeakers.
“between” “among” “in the midst of”
“mutually” “reciprocally” “together”
“during”
These nights are about creating a focused, public
listening context for deep experiments in/with/of sound. We
aim to support work and practices which might not fit easily
into other performance contexts. We hope these events can
help to draw together practices across electroacoustic
composition, club/dance production and field-recording
(among others) and be part of the exchange between sound and
music methods taking place across Glasgow and further
afield...
We can facilitate stereo, quad and 5.1 playback
and are very open to other ways and means.
Proposals of all kinds are welcome - across
aesthetic, conceptual and technical boundaries.
We are particularly interested in presenting work
and practices which -
- use recording, editing, producing and listening
to explore contemporary spaces - real, virtual,
liminal- explore new approaches to environmental
recording- develop reflexive relationships with
the recordist/listenerWe are excited to see what
develops through these events.
Perhaps a broad range of
- utopian/dystopian soundscapes-
fragments- phone clips- youtube
rips- club/dance diffusions-
field-recordings- sonic
self-narratives- ...
--
iainfw.wordpress.com/

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cec-conference.

Pierre Alexandre Tremblay

Nov 18, 2015, 11:56:20 AM11/18/15
to natcello2006-office via CEC-Conference
Bonjour

2 pièces, très contemporaines avec voix sur média 5.1, plutôt intéressantes, une de moi et une de Bernier:

http://www.electrocd.com/fr/oeuvres/select/?id=29590

http://www.electrocd.com/fr/select/piste/?id=imed_09100-1.1

Louis Dufort

Nov 18, 2015, 12:00:52 PM11/18/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com

HI Julie

I have made 2 operas with EA and voice and a solo piece with live electronic. The sad thing is that i’m now 45… just saying. Two of those works were done under 40 ;-)

you can contact me personally : in...@louisdufort.com

Louis

Emmanuelle Gibello

Nov 18, 2015, 12:09:41 PM11/18/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com

Dear Julie, do you need composition with voice in english ?
If not I am à French composer and use voices and interviews in my pieces.
Kind regards
Emmanuelle Gibello

Georges Forget

Nov 18, 2015, 12:24:59 PM11/18/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com
Bonjour,

La voix, parlée ou chantée, est présente dans plusieurs pièces composées entre 2007 et 2008 (L'appel, Orages d'acier, Seul et septembre).
Plus anciennement (2003), j'ai composée une messe de Requiem, mais elle a été retravaillée en 2007 (me contacter pour l'obtenir, elle n'est pas disponible en ligne).

Sinon, le cycle Onomatopées de Robert Normandeau comprend plusieurs pièces dont le matériau vocal tient une place centrale.

--
Georges Forget
Compositeur - Concepteur sonore - Enseignant

Université de Montréal

natcello2...@yahoo.fr

Nov 18, 2015, 3:48:37 PM11/18/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com

Bonjour merci je vais écouter.

Julie Mondor
06 72 42 76 02

Objet: Re: [cec-c] looking for composition with voice
À: cec-con...@googlegroups.com
Date: Mercredi 18 novembre 2015, 19h24

elsajustel

Nov 18, 2015, 4:22:52 PM11/18/15
to CEC
Salut Julie,
J'ai une petite question : pourquoi tu cherches parmi des compositeurs/trices de moins de 40 ans ?
Je vois que Georges Forget te propose un cycle de Normandeau, par exemple.
Si tu a l'intention d'écrire sur les tendances "d'aujourd'hui" ne serait pas intéressant de savoir en
quoi elles sont différentes que celles d'hier ?
Tu as peut-être beaucoup de matériaux sur le thème.
En fin, ce n'est que ma curiosité...
Je t'embrasse
Elsa Justel

Rob A Mackay

Nov 18, 2015, 6:03:38 PM11/18/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julie,

I have composed a number of pieces which incorporate voice and sound transformations.

You can find some of them along with descriptions on my Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/robflute/joyces-vision

https://soundcloud.com/robflute/augustines-message-stereo

https://soundcloud.com/robflute/voicewind

https://soundcloud.com/robflute/living-waves

https://soundcloud.com/robflute/augustines-message-stereo

https://soundcloud.com/robflute/need-without-reason

Best wishes,

Rob

Dr Robert Mackay
Senior Lecturer in Music
Engagement and Communications Coordinator,
Programme Leader MA by Research,
School of Drama, Music and Screen
University of Hull
T: 01482 466212
Nov 18, 2015, 6:33:29 PM11/18/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com
Also Nikos Stavropoulos/Anikò Toth 'Elegia' is most profound!

Huw McGregor

www.huwmcgregor.tk
> To view the terms under which this email is
> distributed, please go to
> http://www2.hull.ac.uk/legal/disclaimer.aspx

Gilles Fresnais

Nov 18, 2015, 6:42:43 PM11/18/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julie,

I am sorry, but I am 69 years old, but I have composed a pieces which
incorporate voice and sound transformations. It's Vox Aeternam that you can
find on MUSIFLOTS my site : http://www.centremusique.ca/fr/node/131278.

Kindly

Gilles Fresnais
gilles....@edi-science.com
Nov 18, 2015, 8:39:16 PM11/18/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com
This will be an interesting survey.

I might suggest that you take a serious look at the [new] Native Instruments ‘Stems’ format

The ‘Vox’ / voice has become one of the players in the band.

This path will lead you to listening to how EDM, and pop music in general has ‘dealt’ with the voice in the past ten years.

Kevin Austin

Nov 19, 2015, 12:03:58 AM11/19/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com, gilles....@edi-science.com

Hi Gilles

There’s nothing to be sorry about being 69. Some of my best friends are close to your age. It gives you seniority.

Kevin

David Hirst

Nov 19, 2015, 1:13:58 AM11/19/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com, gilles....@edi-science.com
Hi Giles & Kevin & Julie,

Here is a youtube video of older persons reacting to the “Vocaloid” phenomenon Hatsune Miku:

(BTW: I’m in my 60s so my vocal synthesis pieces don’t fall within the bounds of your study Julie ;-)

And this video shows kids’ reactions:

Who is Hatsune Miku? … See this web page:

And the vocal software? Here is a 10 min explainer video recently published in The Verge:

And Hatsune Miku is touring Nth America in 2016!

Best Regs,
David

Ragnar Grippe

Nov 19, 2015, 2:50:32 AM11/19/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julie

I’m past 40

If rules change there are numerous pieces

VoxAltra      5.1 and stereo     http://www.ragnargrippe.com/Ragnar_Grippe/download.html

Best

Ragnar Grippe

Ragnar Grippe
composer
Västerled 5
167 55  Bromma
Sweden
cell +46 708 980 931

loco....@telia.com

Nov 19, 2015, 2:58:32 AM11/19/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com

Hahaha! I have MANY very interesting compositions with voice - electroacoustic - but I withhold them from you, because I am 66!! Hahaha! You will never hear them!

Ingvar Loco Nordin
All times are now. All places are here.

Adrian J Moore

Nov 19, 2015, 4:14:09 AM11/19/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com
also over 40 but I have an Oscar Wilde collected edition in my basement.

Adrian.
Dr. Adrian Moore, Sheffield University, Music Department,
Jessop Building, 34 Leavygreave Road, Sheffield. S3 7RD
[tel] 44(0)114 2220486 [fax] 44(0)114 2220469
http://www.adrianmoore.co.uk // Personal
http://www.shef.ac.uk/music // Music Department
http://www.shef.ac.uk/usss // University of Sheffield Sound Studios
http://www.electrocd.com/en/bio/moore_ad/ // Bio and CDs

Gilles Fresnais

Nov 19, 2015, 8:05:06 AM11/19/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com

Thank you Kevin

Gilles Fresnais

gilles....@edi-science.com

David Mooney

Nov 19, 2015, 9:03:56 AM11/19/15
to [cec-c]
--
Works in sound and fiber

Kevin Austin

Nov 20, 2015, 12:33:15 AM11/20/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com

Yes, but we all could if you would provide links, or better, put them up on sonus.ca

Hunting season has just begun, and today I got my first tofu duck.

Kevin

loco....@telia.com

Nov 20, 2015, 4:01:52 AM11/20/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com
You're right!!! I have some of my works - in mp3 format - up on TUMBLR (actually, the sound rests on my site, sonoloco.com, but is linked to a blog on TUMBLR) Anyways, here is the main link for that:

Ingvar Loco Nordin

All times are now. All places are here.

Nov 22, 2015, 3:35:53 PM11/22/15
to CEC-Conference, natcello2...@yahoo.fr
Dear Julie,

I have a 30 minute piece that uses vocal transformations. Some excerpts from the piece can be found here:

I'm happy to give you a link to the complete version if you want.

Thanks,
Oli
 Please send you proposal to monostereomutations@gmail.comwith

David Hirst

Nov 24, 2015, 6:48:18 PM11/24/15
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com
OK, I’m over 40 too, but here is a piece that uses vocal synthesis, called OMG (2013 Remix). It begins with algorithmic variations on a 6 part work by Josquin des Prez, fractures in the middle, then concludes with vocal variations on an Eastern mode. You can here sports sounds in there too, since certain sports are a kind of religion in Australia.

The vocal synthesis uses Jean Piché’s Cybilfofs instrument from his Cecelia program, which allows for legato and portamento, and various vowel timbres, plus formants for various female, male and child voices. Thanks to Jean and his colleagues for making this software available.

Here is the link to OMG:

Although the Cecilia program is still available, I believe the Cybil algorithmic software that generates Csound events isn’t included. A pity since this was a great of generating constrained algorithmic events.

Cheers,
David