Fwd: Max courses this sumer in Belgium

5 vues

Kevin Austin

non lue,
16 avr. 2015, 20:55:3716/04/2015
à cec-con...@googlegroups.com,benjamin thigpen

From: benjamin thigpen <b...@benjaminthigpen.net>
Subject: Max courses this sumer in Belgium
Date: 2015 April 15 at 8:47:19 PM GMT-4
To: benjamin thigpen <b...@benjaminthigpen.net>

Hello,

This summer in Belgium, I will teach a two-part course devoted to Max.

I. Max for Beginners will focus on taking the fundamental first steps with Max - the language, Midi, digital audio, synthesis, sampling, sound processing - and on building playable musical “instruments.” The goal is to become autonomous as quickly as possible. The course is open to anyone with basic computer skills; however, it is best to have some experience making music with audio software and/or hardware.

II. Advanced Topics in Max will be dedicated to time domain signal processing. We will concentrate on implementing a small number of advanced techniques, developing our projects for real-time performance and employing methods to render them musically compelling and practically useful. Specific areas of focus may include: nonlinear distortion, variable delay, envelope following, limiting, chorus, filtering, feedback, decorrelation, jitter and drift. The course is open to all experienced Max users.

Beginners: 4-9 August 2015 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Advanced: 11-16 August 2015 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)

Deadline for enrollment:  6 July 2015
Maximum number of students: 10
Fee: 350€

Location :
Grenier d’Orphée, Musiques et Recherches, Ohain, Belgium (close to Brussels)
http://www.musiques-recherches.be

Workshop 1:
Workshop 2:

Do not hesitate to contact me for more information about the courses.
For enrollment or other practical or administrative matters, please contact France Dubois: in...@musiques-recherches.be.

Best regards,
Benjamin Thigpen

Benjamin Thigpen