FETA celebrates Earth

Juraj Kojs

Apr 16, 2018, 4:16:30 PM4/16/18
Hello:
Join us this Friday at the fantastic Miami Beach Botanical Garden.
Juraj

Music Ecologies feat. Greg Evans and FEME
Friday, April 20
5:30-6PM
Miami Beach Botanical Garden
2000 Convention Center Dr, Miami Beach, Florida 33139
Free Admission

Celebrating the Earth at the wonderful Miami Beach Botanical Garden, FETA presents the emerging performer, composer and technologist Gregory Rowland Evans and the Frost Electronic Music Ensemble (FEME) in 'Music Ecologies' event filled with sonic experiences inspired by interaction between nature and human-fabricated culture. First, 1957 photographs of sun spots are mapped to sound and interpreted as musical scores. Then, Evans’s voice is electronically morphed, showcasing the sonic trajectory from human to robotic. FEME becomes a sound forest created off monkey, frog and bird calls. The ensemble triggers showers of sonic grain clouds, leading computer programs to a dramatic end. The performance emerges as a universe of compositional, improvisational and technological elements.

Arrive promptly, as the performance lasts from 5:30-6PM only. A line up of Earth activities at the garden to follow.
For the full program, visit: https://www.mbgarden.org/

With the support of the FETA Foundation, Harold Golen Gallery, Miami Beach Botanical Garden and Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners.

Juraj Kojs

Apr 16, 2018, 4:17:02 PM4/16/18
to Juraj Kojs

Juraj Kojs

Sep 17, 2018, 7:30:49 AM9/17/18
to Juraj Kojs

Dear friends:

Hope your summer was sweetly filled with creative activities. Ours was too!

As expected, FETA is on a roll this fall.

We are opening with the fourth edition of Sound Bites, an event series curated by Catalina von Wrangell that explores relationship between music and food seasonally. September 21. It’s free! It’s delicious!

Then, FETA is supporting The Black Queen, a new co-creation of Juraj Kojš, Jennifer Beattie and Adam Marks about the medieval queen Barbora of Celje. Barbora was a powerful and intelligent ruler. Her life was rewritten as an evil myth. Expect voices, instruments, live electronics, augmented reality, poetry and even alchemy in a surreal sonic meditation. You can get your ticket here. *Goth attire and really costume of any sorts are welcome.

On October 5, we welcome the Swiss-American pianist Yvonne Troxler. Her program Of Roses lies in the "in between." Moments, resonant time and silence to be explored with ferocity.

We are announcing the sixth edition of the annual FETA Prize in Sound Art! Please submit and help us promote it. It is a unique opportunity to celebrate North, Central and South American sound art. Interview with the 2017 winners Jean Piché and Patrick Saint-Denis is ready for your read on our web.

Would you like more?

We are plotting a small festival in late October, new Politico series and our annual Street Fest during Art Basel Miami in early December.

Stay tuned!

Your FETA Team

In brief:

Sound Bites: Summer Edition

September 21, 2018 5:30-7PM

University of Miami Student Center Complex, Room N-304

1330 Miller Dr, Coral Gables, Florida 33146

https://www.facebook.com/events/301938730585130/

Of Roses, feat. Yvonne Troxler, piano

October 5, 2018 at 6PM

St. Bede Chapel 1150 Stanford Drive Coral Gables, FL, 33146

https://www.facebook.com/events/236685387019411/

The Black Queen

September 27 and 28 at 8PM

MDC Live Arts Lab

Building 1, 300 NE 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33132

https://www.facebook.com/events/297959174134423/

http://queen.black/

http://mdclivearts.org/shows/black-queen

2018 FETA Prize in Sound Art

Deadline: November 15, 2018

http://www.fetafoundation.org/fetaprize/

With the support of The St. Bede Chapel, MDC Live Arts, Harold Golen Gallery, and Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners.

Juraj Kojs

Sep 17, 2018, 12:12:39 PM9/17/18
to Juraj Kojs
Hello:
Please be advised that the Sound Bites are actually scheduled for September 23 and not September21. Mea culpa.
Wishing you all well,
Juraj