Job Posting: Studio Manager/Lecturer, University of New Haven

Kevin Austin

Apr 20, 2018, 2:00:02 PM4/20/18
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com, si...@simonhutchinson.com
Begin forwarded message:

From: Simon Hutchinson <si...@simonhutchinson.com>
Subject: Job Posting: Studio Manager/Lecturer, University of New Haven
Date: 2018 April 20 at 1:14:15 PM GMT-4

Dear all,

Apologies for cross-posting.We are seeking a full-time Lecturer/Studio Manager starting Fall of 2018. See details below.

Best,
-Simon

University of New Haven
Search 18-03F
Studio Manager/Lecturer – Music Technology

The University of New Haven invites applications for a Studio Manager and Lecturer in Music Technology beginning Fall 2018. Our growing and vibrant department has thriving programs in Music Industry and Music and Sound Recording in addition to our program in Music. Our curriculum combines the study of popular genres, global music traditions, and European art music, examining music in the context of the 21st century.

This position is responsible for managing and maintaining equipment and software in our three recording studios and twenty-station music lab, as well as teaching classes in recording, digital audio, and electives in their area of specialty.

We seek someone with experience in studio management and extensive knowledge of contemporary and historical recording theory, methodology, practice, and technology. Candidates with graduate degrees in recording or music technology are preferred, but those with significant professional experience will also be considered.

Candidates should have an appreciation for the value of a liberal arts education and music's importance in the campus community and the ability to engage a diverse student body.

The successful candidate will have a record of excellence in teaching music & sound recording at the undergraduate level and a commitment to experiential education.

Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vita, teaching and research statements, evidence of teaching experience (including course syllabi and student feedback if available), and the names and contact information of three references to hrd...@newhaven.edu. Please reference the Search #18-03F in the subject line of the email to help ensure proper delivery. You may also mail this information to:

Search #18-03F
Human Resources Department
University of New Haven
300 Boston Post Road, West Haven, CT 06516

Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.

The University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity Employer