Cellotronic Games in New York this Thursday!

1 view

Juraj Kojs

Apr 27, 2015, 1:19:06 PM4/27/15
to Juraj Kojs
Hello all:

You are cordially invited to join us this Thursday if you are around.
Juraj

Cellotronic Games

Music by A. Democ,
 C. Mason,
 E. Greene,
 J. Gomez,
 L. Sammons,
 P. O'Malley
and and P. Turowski

Featuring Kevin Davis, cello and Juraj Kojs, electronics

April 30, 2015 at 8PM

The Firehouse Space, 246 Frost St, Brooklyn, NY 11211

http://thefirehousespace.org/event/cellotronic-games/

Kevin Davis, cello and Juraj Kojs, electronics pair to present a program of recently commissioned works by Adrian Democ,
Charles Mason,
Ethan Greene,
Jorge Gomez,
Lanier Sammons,
Patrick O'Malley
and Paul Turowski that engage music and technologies in game-inspired multimedia interactions.

 In the past 50 years, gaming has become a multicultural phenomenon transforming the ways we play, work, and explore.  We learn, exercise, and entertain (exertain) ourselves and others via games.  The analog and digital platforms with their tools and controllers have been continuously expanded to facilitate access to novel stimulations and content.  New rules, challenges, and awards have tantalized growing generations of players, engaging them in competitive interactions. The arts in their multitude of expressions have been at the axis of game design and practice. This program showcases just that: a variety of approaches in musicalizing games.

Audience also plays a role, deciding which composer receives a cash prize! Come and play!

One more fun thing to watch for:

June 6: IKTUS Percussion premieres my Music for the Hand Dryers. Also at Firehouse Space. (Notice: this performance has been rescheduled.)

With the support of Foundation for Emerging Technologies and Arts.

www.fetafoundation.org

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FETA-Foundation/346130482098322