HBase namespace

surendra...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2016, 1:12:12 PM6/2/16
to CDAP User
Hi

Is there a property in cdap-sites.xml where I can specify the HBase namespace? We have several namespaces created in a secure CDH cluster and have access to one of them.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException: Insufficient permissions (user=, scope=cdap_system, params=[namespace=cdap_system],action=ADMIN)

-Surendra

rus...@cask.co

Jun 2, 2016, 4:52:34 PM6/2/16
to CDAP User, surendra...@gmail.com
Hi Surendra, It looks like there is a config parameter for root.namespace (http://docs.cask.co/cdap/current/en/admin-manual/appendices/cdap-site.html#general), but unfortunately, that option acts as a namespace prefix, it does not override the hbase namespace. I have filed a jira to address this in the future, but the only way to get around this today is to allow cdap access to the cdap_system namespace.

Thanks,
Russ