Code coverage instrumentation warning while processing file

Ammar Gangardiwala

Aug 4, 2009, 11:52:11 AM8/4/09
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
I am getting following error after successfully running unit test. it fails in running code coverage. any help in resolving this issue will be appreciated.

Results file: C:\Build\results.xml
Run Configuration: Local Test Run
Run has the following issue(s):

Code coverage instrumentation warning while processing file "assembly name":
Warning VSP2013 : Instrumenting this image requires it to run as a 32-bit process. The CLR header flags have been updated to reflect this.
Warning: conflict during test run deployment: deployment item "assembly name"' directly or indirectly referenced by the test container "assembly name" cannot be deployed to "assembly name" because otherwise the file "assembly name" would overwrite code coverage item "assembly name".

--
Thank you,

Ammar Gangardiwala

Aug 4, 2009, 11:54:46 AM8/4/09
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
I am unable to generate code coverage thr CCNET.
I am using MSBUILD & MSTEST.
I get an error on dashboard saying "Code coverage instrumentation warning while processing file "assembly name"

--
Thank you,
Ammar Gangardiwala

Ruben Willems

Aug 6, 2009, 2:50:15 AM8/6/09
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi

are you running a 64Bit OS?

with kind regards
Ruben Willems

Michael....@inhouse.wko.at

Aug 6, 2009, 3:01:31 AM8/6/09
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com

That has nothing to do with 64-Bit.

I got the same Warning.

The reason is that you have set “Any CPU” in your project configuration.

So just set the correct CPU (which I don’t want to) or follow the steps on this site

http://blogs.msdn.com/haniatassi/archive/2009/02/04/getting-rid-of-warning-vsp2013-in-msbuild.aspx

Michael Schöller

WKO-IT - Softwareentwicklung

WKO Inhouse GmbH der Wirtschaftskammern Österreichs

Wiedner Hauptstraße 76

Postadresse: Wiedner Hauptstraße 63 | A-1045 Wien

T +43 (0)5 90 900-4754 * F +43 (0)5 90 900-114754

michael....@inhouse.wko.at * http://wko.at <http://wko.at/>

Firmenbuchnummer: 218433a

Sitz und Firmenbuchgericht: HG Wien

UID-Nummer: ATU53815901

Michael....@inhouse.wko.at

Aug 6, 2009, 3:04:26 AM8/6/09
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com

Sorry I forgot something.

The article describes the problem from an 64bit point of view. If you change your registry in step 3 and have an 32bit machine. The key is located in “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\InstalledProducts\Instrumentation\VSInstr

Michael Schöller

WKO-IT - Softwareentwicklung

WKO Inhouse GmbH der Wirtschaftskammern Österreichs

Wiedner Hauptstraße 76

Postadresse: Wiedner Hauptstraße 63 | A-1045 Wien

T +43 (0)5 90 900-4754 * F +43 (0)5 90 900-114754

michael....@inhouse.wko.at * http://wko.at <http://wko.at/>

Firmenbuchnummer: 218433a

Sitz und Firmenbuchgericht: HG Wien

UID-Nummer: ATU53815901

Ammar Gangardiwala

Aug 6, 2009, 10:37:19 AM8/6/09
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com, ruben....@gmail.com
yes, i am running on 64 bit os (server 2008)