OER Math courses

Dario-Becker, Juville

Aug 5, 2017, 10:27:17 AM8/5/17
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

At Central Virginia Community College, we are looking for OER materials to replace the standard textbooks for two Gen Ed courses: Quantitative Reasoning and Statistical Reasoning. If you have suggestions, or if you have already developed a course that is CC BY and ready for adoption, please share. Thanks.

Annette Guertin

Aug 6, 2017, 6:02:11 PM8/6/17
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com

Good afternoon,

Coconino Community College has 2 open source (cc by sa) textbooks that may be helpful.  Here is the link: https://www.coconino.edu/open-source-textbooks

I've used the College Mathematics for Everyday Life for one of my courses and found it to be a well thought out work.

I currently am working on an OER resource (Mass Go Open grant)  for Quantitative Reasoning courses.  Quantitative Reasoning can cover a variety of topics in mathematics.  The resource that I am working on is not a stand alone textbook, rather, it is a set of links to a variety of topics that may be taught in a survey of math course.  When the resource is uploaded, I will send out the link.

If you have materials that you would like me to consider for inclusion in the resource or topics that your school covers in their Quantitative Reasoning course, please send them along!

Thanks so much!

Annette Guertin

Annette M. Guertin

Professor of Mathematics

Berkshire Community College

1350 West Street

Pittsfield, MA 01201

413-236-4561

Aug 6, 2017, 9:53:43 PM8/6/17
to cccoer-advisory
Good Evening,

There is a group of statistics instructors from throughout California that is currently working on a full online homework system for the standard elementary statistics course.  We are using MyOpenMath and expect it to be ready to go live in a month.
Also, I have created a full statistics spreadsheet program using Google Sheets as the base.  It can be found at:

If you have any questions about either, please email me at drlarr...@gmail.com.  I will be off the grid for a week, so please be patient if I don't respond until next week,

Larry Green, Math Professor
Lake Tahoe Community College

Sent: Saturday, August 5, 2017 10:27 AM
To: cccoer-advisory@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

At Central Virginia Community College, we are looking for OER materials to replace the standard textbooks for two Gen Ed courses: Quantitative Reasoning and Statistical Reasoning. If you have suggestions, or if you have already developed a course that is CC BY and ready for adoption, please share. Thanks.

The information contained in this e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Any use, disclosure, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by person or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.

Larry Green, Ph.D.
Faculty, Mathematics Department
Lake Tahoe Community College
1 College Drive