Indexing the CCCOER-Advisory

Larry Green

Feb 19, 2017, 12:04:34 AM2/19/17
to cccoer-advisory
Hi All,

I have been reading the queries about specific course OER materials and realized today that it would be much easier for me to have these conversations indexed so that we can all easily find them if we are looking for something that has already been asked about.  In response I created a webpage of the conversations that I saved in my email account since I joined a couple of months ago.  I apologize if I missed any, but I will try to continue indexing them on this page to make it easier for us all.  If you have any suggestions or requests for formatting, please let me know.  You can find the page at:

Larry

--
Larry Green, Ph.D.
Faculty, Mathematics Department

Glapa-Grossklag, James

Feb 19, 2017, 12:25:13 AM2/19/17
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com
Wow, Larry, this is a wonderful way to address a real need. Thank you!

James Glapa-Grossklag
Dean, Educational Technology, Learning Resources and Distance Learning
Director, CCC Distance Education Captioning & Transcription Grant
College of the Canyons
T: 661.362.3632
E: james.glap...@canyons.edu

President of the Board, Open Education Consortium
Past President, Directors of Educational Technology in California Higher Education

Una Daly

Feb 19, 2017, 1:34:33 AM2/19/17
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPhone

Robin Donaldson

Feb 19, 2017, 7:43:37 AM2/19/17
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com
Larry,

Thank you very much for taking this on! This will be very helpful for everyone.

Best,

Robin
Robin Donaldson

Barbara Illowsky

Feb 19, 2017, 2:48:45 PM2/19/17
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, so VERY MUCH, Larry! I appreciate your work on this.

Have a great day!
Barbara Illowsky, PhD
Chief Academic Affairs Officer, CCC Online Ed Initiative (OEI)
2013 International Educator ACE Award for OpenCourseWare Excellence,
Open Education Consortium

 "Learning is not attained by chance; it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence."

-- Abigail Adams, 1780

Feb 20, 2017, 7:56:05 AM2/20/17
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com

I’ve bookmarked this!  Thanks for sharing.

Debbie

Debbie Kennedy Blair

Instructional Designer/Adjunct Professor

3000 NW 83rd St

P 140

Gainesville, Fl 32606

352-381-3812

­SF

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace – Jimi Hendrix

Please note that Florida has a broad public records law, and that all correspondence to or from College employees via email may be subject to disclosure.

Una Daly

Feb 20, 2017, 6:11:00 PM2/20/17
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

Huge thanks to Dr. Larry Green (Math Professor at Lake Tahoe Community College, CA) who has now indexed over 16 subject areas based primarily on harvesting from this list serve over the last year and a few other places.   I have added Larry's site to the Community Email page on our website so we don’t lose it :-).

Happy Presidents’ Day!
Una
Una Daly
Director, Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources
Open Education Consortium

Check out our new website http://cccoer.org

Angela.Secrest

Feb 21, 2017, 6:37:55 AM2/21/17
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com

Larry,

This is impressive and helpful. Thank you!

Angela

Feb 21, 2017, 8:23:38 AM2/21/17
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com

Good Morning,

Dr. Green, will you please index these links with the information on the RxTN Nursing materials? The first link that I previously sent out (https://www.skillscommons.org/discover?query=Roane+State+)  was very vague and didn’t narrow down the search results:

A Prescription for Training Healthcare Workers in Tennessee (RxTN): http://www.skillscommons.org/handle/taaccct/399

Direct link to RxTN Learning Resources Collections:  http://www.skillscommons.org/handle/taaccct/400

Direct link to RxTN Program Support Materials Collection: http://www.skillscommons.org/handle/taaccct/931

I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Breanna Wright

Roane State Community College

Instructional Media Assistant/Graphic Designer

Center for Teaching Arts & Technology

(865) 354-3000 ext. 4795

This email is intended for the addressee and may contain privileged information. If you are not the addressee, you are not permitted to use or copy this email or its attachments nor may you disclose the same to any third party. If this has been sent to you in error, please delete the email and notify us by replying to this email immediately.

Muse, Herbert Edward

Feb 21, 2017, 8:45:57 AM2/21/17
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com

Thank you so much Larry.  I had been doing it too but it got out of hand for me.

Buddy Muse

Feb 21, 2017, 9:02:13 AM2/21/17
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com

This is awesome!  Thanks Larry!

Larry Green

Feb 21, 2017, 10:59:47 AM2/21/17
to cccoer-advisory
Hi Breanna,
I just appended the original post with the links that you provided.  Thanks for contributing,

Larry

Hello Everyone,

This email is intended for the addressee and may contain privileged information. If you are not the addressee, you are not permitted to use or copy this email or its attachments nor may you disclose the same to any third party. If this has been sent to you in error, please delete the email and notify us by replying to this email immediately.

Wright, Breanna N

Keys, Linda

Feb 21, 2017, 6:34:24 PM2/21/17
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com

Wonderful!  Thank you Larry!  J

Feb 24, 2017, 3:03:47 PM2/24/17
to cccoer-advisory

Reminder: the posts are also searchable from the Google Group homepage –

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/cccoer-advisory

Doesn’t have the nice organization of Larry’s, but I often go there to see what’s already been discussed.

Kate

Feb 24, 2017, 3:45:45 PM2/24/17
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com

Dr. Green,

Thank you so much for sharing! This is awesome!

Karen

Karen Pikula, PhD
Psychology Instructor
Central Lakes College
501 College Drive, Brainerd MN 56401
Office W225
Office: 218 855 8174 | Home: 218 829 8055

Minnesota State OER Coordinator
Academic and Student Affairs, Educational Innovations

Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2017 11:04:33 PM

To: cccoer-advisory

Irit Gat

Feb 25, 2017, 11:06:42 AM2/25/17
to CCCOER Advisory
Larry
This is awesome thank you so very much! I just joined this group and was looking back for child and family education sources and don't see any on your list or any on this list serve for the past several weeks. Do you have any of those compiled so I can pass them on to our CFE instructors? They've been asking me for some sources. Thank you !

Larry Green

Feb 25, 2017, 9:54:19 PM2/25/17
to cccoer-advisory
Hi Irit,

I posted any information for OER course materials that was requested during the past year.  If it is not on the list, you might want to post a request from the rest of the members to see if they know of a resource,

Larry

On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Irit Gat <ig...@avc.edu> wrote:
Larry
 This is awesome thank you so very much! I just joined this group and was looking back for child and family education sources and don't see any on your list or any on this list serve for the past several weeks. Do you have any of those compiled so I can pass them on to our CFE instructors? They've been asking me for some sources. Thank you !

Irit Gat

Feb 26, 2017, 1:02:43 PM2/26/17
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com
Will do thanks Larry!

On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 6:54 PM Larry Green <drlarr...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Irit Gat, PhD
Chair Departments of Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Administration of Justice

Academic Senate President
Psychology Professor

Antelope Valley College | Social and Behavioral Science Division
3041 West Avenue K
Lancaster, CA 93536

Crump, Daniel

Apr 30, 2018, 4:17:50 PM4/30/18
to cccoer-...@googlegroups.com

Apr 30, 2018, 4:35:55 PM4/30/18
to Crump, Daniel, cccoer-...@googlegroups.com
There are also lists for open textbook sources and open course sources, as well as textbook adoptions started at:

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Open_Educational_Resources

-----

Dave Braunschweig
Professor