Possible to power 12 volt stepper with 3.7 volt battery?

Matt Bell

Jan 25, 2013, 2:06:38 PM1/25/13
to cc...@googlegroups.com
I have stepper motor that I am driving through a pololu a4988 driver that needs 8 - 35 volts to operate. Is it possible that I can power it through a little lipo battery that outputs 3.7 volts?

Richard Allen

Jan 25, 2013, 2:33:37 PM1/25/13
to cc...@googlegroups.com

You'll need a boost converter circuit.