StepVan Seeks Mobile Hackerspace.

Hammerspace Hobby

Dec 12, 2012, 5:07:27 PM12/12/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone! Beck Dalton here.
Dave and I have a HUGE Chevy 1991 white diesel Step Van that we need to sell, due to owning too many white van-like vehicles.
I mentioned to Joel the other day that this vehicle might be perfect for the Mobile Hackerspace idea.
I wanted to give the group first opportunity before we throw it on Craig's List.
This is a regular truck class vehicle that has metal shelving and worktables in the back area.
BONUS: It's tall enough that a tall person can stand upright while inside of it!
Here's a link to some pics of the vehicle: https://picasaweb.google.com/112709039901177075778/HugeStepVanForSale1800
Forgive the large amount of shipping-cardboard stacked up in the back, obscuring the view. It's still being clean out at the moment.
Vehicles like these are not cheap, are hard to find used, and remain reliable for decades
Since it would need a lot of renovating to become a mobile hackerspace, we're only asking $1800 OBO.
Just imagine the giant logo you could put on the sides of that thing!
Call us at (913) 686-6562 if interested, or corner Dave Dalton the next time you see him at HammerSpace.
We can arrange to show it to you in person (and have it all cleaned out by then of course).
Thank you for your time.
Beck

ax0n

Dec 12, 2012, 5:14:45 PM12/12/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Aww, photo link no worky. :(

Hammerspace Hobby

Dec 12, 2012, 6:14:49 PM12/12/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Try this link to view the photos: https://plus.google.com/u/0/112709039901177075778/posts/QyTgT99wB7J
Hope it works this time! Google+ promised me that it would!

Beck Dalton
HammerSpace Community Workshop & Makerspace

ax0n

Dec 12, 2012, 6:16:46 PM12/12/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Now the original link works. I also saw it on plus. Thanks! That's a beast of a van. Those are also INSANELY EASY to repair and modify. I do not have $1800. Also, two of my three motorized toys need new transmissions. :(

Jon Pruente

Dec 12, 2012, 6:27:11 PM12/12/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
For those who have no commercial need, this might serve as a nice base
for an RV build. There's a lot of P30 info and parts out there on the
wild webz.

Chaim Krause

Dec 12, 2012, 6:29:04 PM12/12/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
How much money would need to go into it to make it "reliable"? By that I mean drive it hundreds of miles to an event and be 99.999% confident that it will make it back.

Luis E. Rodriguez

Dec 12, 2012, 6:45:27 PM12/12/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
If life were only that simple.

Luis E. Rodriguez

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Chaim Krause <ch...@chaim.com> wrote:
How much money would need to go into it to make it "reliable"? By that I mean drive it hundreds of miles to an event and be 99.999% confident that it will make it back.

Hammerspace Hobby

Dec 12, 2012, 7:45:02 PM12/12/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
It wouldn't be a fun vehicle to drive hundreds of miles simply because its not a comfy drive. Did you see those seats? It's gonna cost a lot more if you wanna add driver comfort on the vast road. I'll check into that other stuff.

Hal

Dec 12, 2012, 10:45:48 PM12/12/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
It's not?

--
Hal
2013 VP of Communications - www.c3kc.org

Hal

Dec 12, 2012, 10:47:36 PM12/12/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Well as normally Luis, Mike,Tim or I drive comfort is key...at least for my lazy a**

--
Hal
2013 VP of Communications - www.c3kc.org

Zachary Beall

Dec 18, 2012, 7:59:16 PM12/18/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Is this still available? I am considering a handyman business and this
would be the perfect start vehicle.