Should tomorrow's weekly Open House be cancelled due to Snowpocalypse? Yes? No?

Hammerspace Hobby

Feb 20, 2013, 6:31:56 PM2/20/13
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Due to the impending Snowpocalypse scheduled for tonight & tomorrow, we at HammerSpace have been CONSIDERING the cancellation of this Thursday's weekly Open House.
But before we make any decisions, we wanted to get the opinions of the CCCKC board members and club members on this matter.
We just want everyone to be in a safe place tomorrow, and we hate the idea of people driving home late tomorrow night in 6-10 inches of snow with 'icing' on top (sounds delicious)!
So... To cancel, or not to cancel? What do you think?

(And this is when the people who own 4x4 trucks & Jeeps start chiming in... heheheh)

Beck & Dave Dalton
HammerSpace Community Workshop & Makerspace

Luis E. Rodriguez

Feb 20, 2013, 6:46:22 PM2/20/13
to cc...@googlegroups.com
I think everyone should do what's safe. We've been fooled before. I'm fine with cancelling. While I may be able to get around ok, my wifey may have none of that.

Luis E. Rodriguez

Hammerspace Hobby

Feb 20, 2013, 6:56:24 PM2/20/13
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, we're trying to not to be intimidated by the weather reports. We could just wait and see what tomorrow brings. I'm sure the weather won't keep Dave away from HammerSpace tomorrow, but  his family might try to. Just wanted to let you guys know it was being considered, and make sure no one had anything important planned or arranged for Open House this week.

Sharon Mehl

Feb 20, 2013, 7:28:09 PM2/20/13
to cc...@googlegroups.com
I was going to base it on whether DeVry campus is closed especially since I go from DeVry to the meeting.  Personally though I do not like driving in "fresh" snow and definitely not any ice.

Sharon

Hal Gottfried

Feb 20, 2013, 7:48:39 PM2/20/13
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Beck for checking with us , we appreciate it. From a board point of view tomorrows open house and general meeting will be cancelled.

I would venture to say members who have a badge may still come and work on projects but that is on the individual to decide.

Any objections?!

--
Hal Gottfried
Sent with Sparrow

tim middleton

Feb 20, 2013, 9:45:26 PM2/20/13
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Sounds Like a Good Idea

I plan on having a long day working from home Thursday.

Be Safe Everyone.

Tim

tim middleton

Feb 20, 2013, 9:48:41 PM2/20/13
to cc...@googlegroups.com
On Second Thought - Lets instead move this weeks meeting to a half Hour Google Hangout . . . Starting at 7pm CST

Sound Like a plan?

Tim

Luis E. Rodriguez

Feb 20, 2013, 9:54:11 PM2/20/13
to cc...@googlegroups.com
10 people at a time? That could be fun! Make sure and CCCKC to your circles people, we will host it.

And for the love of god, mute your mics and wear a headset! LOL!

Luis E. Rodriguez

Jesse Hawks

Feb 20, 2013, 10:35:29 PM2/20/13
to cc...@googlegroups.com

That would be cool, I haven't been able to attend since being moved back to night shift at my work. But I wonder if my phone will get enough connection to try. But I'll try ¡!

Luis E. Rodriguez

Feb 20, 2013, 10:52:21 PM2/20/13
to cc...@googlegroups.com
If anybody has any items for the agenda, send them to Hal, please.

Luis E. Rodriguez