PHP "8bit" character set?

ccou...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2015, 3:21:57 AM3/18/15
to caucho-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm trying to use "userfrost" on Quercus, but I'm facing a few issues.

One of them is the handling of passwords, where the php contains the following commands:

mb_strlen($binary_string, '8bit')

mb_substr($binary_string, $start, $length, '8bit')

Unfortunately 8bit is not recognized in Java, so I tried to change 8bit to UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1, but the encrypted passwords ends-up being simple '0' which prevents me from using the whole php library.

Is there any way to workaround this? Like implementing a custom character set or replacing 8bit by something usable or the entire functions by something equivalent?

I'm new to php, so it's quite hard to find a replacement to such methods.

Thanks.

Kaz Nishimura

Mar 23, 2015, 11:41:48 PM3/23/15
to caucho-...@googlegroups.com, ccou...@gmail.com
Did you enable unicode.semantics?  If you didn't, ISO-8859-1 should be binary transparent in Java.

ccou...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2015, 2:18:22 AM4/10/15
to caucho-...@googlegroups.com, ccou...@gmail.com
Thanks for your reply, I switched to ISO and it was more or less ok.

Unfortunately this framework (based on usercake) doesn't work well and has loads of bugs so I dropped it.

In comparison usercake works well without any modifications!