installed wordpress in tomcat using quercus jar working fine but permalinks are not working.

Rohit...@dcplkolkata.com

Jan 8, 2015, 1:26:12 AM1/8/15
to caucho-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have installed wordpress in tomcat 7 server using quercus jar. All is running fine but wordpress permalinks are not working, it gives 404.

I have tried several things like change in web.xml, add urlrewrite.xml and jar file in the WEB-INF folder of quercus.

I have also tried with this link "https://www.openhub.net/p/pretty-permalink-filter". But no success.

My wordpress is running "http://access.spruceindustries.com/wp/wordpress/", If in the permalinks settings default is selected it is working fine, but we we set some other permalinks suppose "post-name", then it will 404.

Please look into it,

Thanks in advance.

Kaz Nishimura

Jan 8, 2015, 3:01:45 AM1/8/15
to caucho-...@googlegroups.com, Rohit...@dcplkolkata.com
If you are using my pretty-permalink-filtere, you must find pretty-permalink-filter-1.1.jar in the WEB-INF/lib directory in your web application (probably just under the root directory of WordPress).

And your WEB-INF/web.xml file must contain several elements between <web-app> and </web-app> as below:

<web-app>
  <filter>
    <filter-name>Pretty Permalink Filter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>org.vx68k.servlet.permalink.PrettyPermalinkFilter</filter-class>
  </filter>
  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>Pretty Permalink Filter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>
  ...and all other things
</web-app>

Note the two filter-name contents must the same.  If you get errors when running Tomcat, please post the messages.

If all work well, you will see PrettyPermalinkFilter's initialization message in the server log.  If you don't, something is going wrong.

Finally, since my pretty-permalink-filter is a quick hack, anything does not start with /wp- and not end with .php will be handled as a permalink.  You may have to adjust your contents layout.  I feel it must be improved in a future version.

Rohit Kumar

Jan 8, 2015, 4:50:09 AM1/8/15
to Kaz Nishimura, caucho-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the response.

I have added "pretty-permalink-filter-1.0.jar" in the WEB-INF/lib folder that resides in my WordPress root folder, added

<filter>
    <filter-name>Pretty Permalink Filter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>org.vx68k.
servlet.permalink.PrettyPermalinkFilter</filter-class>
  </filter>
  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>Pretty Permalink Filter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

in my WEB-INF/web.xml and restart tomcat. And again same result 404.

I just checked logs under tomcat folder, I got only this.

"/wp/sample-test/ HTTP/1.1" 404 949".

I am not sure what I am missing. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks & regards
Rohit Kumar

Kaz Nishimura

Jan 8, 2015, 4:53:53 AM1/8/15
to Rohit Kumar, caucho-...@googlegroups.com

1.0 is older and may have bugs. please try with 1.1.

Rohit Kumar

Jan 8, 2015, 5:18:20 AM1/8/15
to Kaz Nishimura, caucho-...@googlegroups.com
I have also added jar 1.1. again same result :(

Is there anything that we have to write in WEB-INF/web.xml?

Thanks.

Rohit Kumar

Jan 8, 2015, 5:21:12 AM1/8/15
to Kaz Nishimura, caucho-...@googlegroups.com
Is there any plugin that we have to install in wordpress?