Anyone tried WordPress 4.0 or later with Quercus?

Kaz Nishimura

Mar 23, 2015, 11:27:48 PM3/23/15
to caucho-...@googlegroups.com
As I have already reported, WordPress 4.0 or later caused StackOverflowError in Quercus Servlet.  Has anyone tried it and got any success?

I would be willing to debug the problem but the interpreter is too complex for me to find the cause.

mkot...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2015, 4:20:09 PM9/15/15
to Quercus
On Monday, March 23, 2015 at 11:27:48 PM UTC-4, Kaz Nishimura wrote:
> As I have already reported, WordPress 4.0 or later caused StackOverflowError in Quercus Servlet.  Has anyone tried it and got any success?
>
> I would be willing to debug the problem but the interpreter is too complex for me to find the cause.

See http://bonfab.io/jwordpress/

Kaz Nishimura

Sep 15, 2015, 7:32:42 PM9/15/15
to Quercus
Thank you for the link. I will try 4.2 or later.

Kaz Nishimura

Sep 15, 2015, 8:03:19 PM9/15/15
to Quercus
Just for your information, I am now trying to reorganize Quercus into several Maven artifacts. If you happen to be interested, please contact me.

immanuel...@apparentmedia.de

Jan 5, 2016, 2:23:55 PM1/5/16
to Quercus
Hi Kaz,

for your information: I released a much improved version of Quercus. Please take a look: https://github.com/am-immanuel/quercus/releases/tag/4.0.47

Regarding the StackOverflowError: I also experienced those in combination with expensive regular expressions. The JVM stack size is quiet small per default (only 1MB), and so regular expressions can easily lead to a StackOverflowError.

Invoke Java with "-Xss2m", and it might already solve your problem.

Best,

Immanuel