PHP application not working on Glassfish + Quertus server

ase...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2015, 1:28:35 PM6/16/15
to caucho-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all. I have an PHP application (codeigniter framework) and I'm forced to migrate it to a Glassfish Server. I configured it and installed the Quercus PHP interpreter into it. Simple test pages works fine. But my PHP app has some errors:

Message: 'num_rows' is an unknown method of false.
Filename: core/Loader.php
Line number: 1099

I think the Quercus is not able to interpret some Codeigniter functions.

More info: Glassfish 4.1 running on Ubuntu 15.04, Quercus 4.0.35, Codeigniter 2.1.12.

Thank you.

Kaz Nishimura

Jun 16, 2015, 7:50:39 PM6/16/15
to caucho-...@googlegroups.com

Why 4.0.35 though you can dowload official version 4.0.39?

It seems your DB query just returned false.  The real error will be at another location.

ase...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2015, 8:41:25 AM6/18/15
to caucho-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kaz. "num_rows" is not my DB query. It's a codeigniter database method.

See here: https://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/database/results.html

Thats why I'm pretty sure Quercus is not understanding Codeigniter's methods.

Kaz Nishimura

Jun 18, 2015, 8:38:08 PM6/18/15
to ase...@gmail.com, caucho-...@googlegroups.com

Isn't CodeIgniter using PHP database classes to implement its methods?  If your backend database is MySQL, Quercus 4.0.35 has no way to return the number of rows of a query result and 4.0.37 or later does, AFAIK.

2015年6月18日(木) 21:41  <ase...@gmail.com>:
Hello Kaz. "num_rows" is not my DB query. It's a codeigniter database method.

See here: https://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/database/results.html

Thats why I'm pretty sure Quercus is not understanding Codeigniter's methods.

ase...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2015, 6:49:21 AM6/19/15
to caucho-...@googlegroups.com, ase...@gmail.com
Hello Kaz. I installed Quercus 4.0.39 and tried to run, but the same error occours.

Kaz Nishimura

Jun 19, 2015, 7:58:10 AM6/19/15
to caucho-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry that I could not help you.

Since your code tried to call the num_rows method on a false value, your query probably failed to return a valid result just before the error line.

Line 1099 of CodeIgniter's core/Loader.php does not look like calling any DB methods.  Probably a class that is specified in your configuration caused the real error.

I cannot guess what code is really trying to call num_rows.

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 7:49 PM <ase...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Kaz. I installed Quercus 4.0.39 and tried to run, but the same error occours.

Kaz Nishimura

Jun 20, 2015, 3:44:59 AM6/20/15
to caucho-...@googlegroups.com
It apparently indicates the error occurs while in CI_Controller's __construct.  I don't know why Quercus does not locate the real error line.  I would try with a simpler application to identify what is wrong.  Do you have such an application?

https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter/blob/develop/system/core/Controller.php#L66

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 9:16 PM Allan S. <ase...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Kaz. You are helping me a lot!
After you tell me that my query probably failed to return a valid result just before the error line, I tried to put some "echo" lines in my controller (login.php) and I figured out that one of the first lines (parent::__construct();) is causing the errors. I think my db queries was not been called so far.

Please see the attachments.