required parameters for apply_job_order not appearing in custom field

Alex Hasapis

Jul 6, 2016, 12:53:20 PM7/6/16
to CATS API
I am using the v2 api to have users apply to jobs through my website but am running into an issue with required parameters.  I have attached the custom form pulled from the api, the body being sent and the result.  If necessary I can paste these into the thread.  In this example, the field 91782 does not appear in my custom form, and the question being referenced is being answered.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!
call
form
response

Aaron Baluczynski

Jul 6, 2016, 2:00:51 PM7/6/16
to CATS API
Hi Alex,

You may have more than one application with the same question text but different IDs. When applying for a specific job order, you need to submit the application or applications that are associated with that job order.

Aaron

Alex Hasapis

Jul 6, 2016, 3:51:52 PM7/6/16
to CATS API
Thanks Aaron, I thought I was including the internal catsone id in my call but I see now that I was not.  I am now having an issue uploading the resume file.  I have attached my logs again. If you can continue helping me in this chain that would be great, otherwise I can start a new thread. If I change the field for the resume to the string path it returns an error that the field is required.  Any ideas?

Alex
call
response

Aaron Baluczynski

Jul 6, 2016, 4:04:34 PM7/6/16
to CATS API
The resume ("field_1195823") needs to be sent as a multipart file upload. Looks like you're just sending some metadata text ("#<ActionDispatch ...").

Aaron