get_attachments using certain candidate ID causes Error in calls

Michael Macahilig

Jan 6, 2016, 6:13:37 PM1/6/16
to CATS API
I have generated a script that would grab the attachments for a candidate in order to search for certain documents, however my script breaks when it comes across a candidate ID

I used the http://api.catsone.com/api/get_attachments site to test whether it was a problem on my end and it comes up with the error:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 3 at column 5346: PCDATA invalid Char value 28

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Here is the api call with the subdomain and transaction code removed

Could you please help me

Thanks!

Aaron Baluczynski

Jan 7, 2016, 10:46:40 AM1/7/16
to CATS API
Hi Michael,

Looks like there's an invalid UTF-8 character in one of the attachment filenames. We'll have to put a bug fix in to strip invalid chars. I'll let you know when we've fixed it.

Aaron

Aaron Baluczynski

Jan 11, 2016, 10:46:59 AM1/11/16
to CATS API
Hi Michael,

I just wanted to let you know that this bug is now fixed.

Aaron

Michael Macahilig

Mar 14, 2017, 7:28:35 PM3/14/17
to CATS API
Hi Aaron,

I have the same script running, but for a specific ID, i get the error:

<error code="412">An unexpected error occurred.</error>

Here is the url with the transaction code removed:

Could you please help me out on this?

Thanks

Aaron Baluczynski

Mar 21, 2017, 10:25:45 AM3/21/17
to CATS API
Hi Michael, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I'll have to take a look at this particular record and get back to you.

Aaron

Aaron Baluczynski

Mar 21, 2017, 2:34:57 PM3/21/17
to CATS API
One of our developers was able to fix this issue for you. If you retry that call it should work.

Aaron