apply_joborder error on same entry

Wouter van den Hoven

Mar 21, 2017, 4:57:10 AM3/21/17
to CATS API
Hi all,

I am using the apply_joborder call without an ID to let users register through our website, using API V2.
This works fine, except for when I do the call with the same data more than one time. The first time I get a success message that the user was registered, and I also see this in our CATS interface. However, if I do the same call again I get the message "Server error: Failed to process application." with success == false.
This is a problem when a candidate is somehow already in our system but would like to register through the website, in which case we throw an error because CATS returns false.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or does anyone know how to prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance!

Aaron Baluczynski

Mar 21, 2017, 10:06:54 AM3/21/17
to CATS API
This fails because you can't register more than once for the same email address.

Aaron