Results not the same in CATS and API

Joel Black

Oct 4, 2016, 9:47:33 AM10/4/16
to CATS API
I am getting inconsistent results and I cant figure out why.  One example is this job C# MVC ASP.NET Web Developer

It has java in the content, but it does not show when searched directly on the api or on our website.  The content also has the work "but" in it, and that keyword does make it show on the results.  So why would it show for 1 word and not the other word, doesnt make sense to me.

Aaron Baluczynski

Oct 4, 2016, 10:01:51 AM10/4/16
to CATS API
Hi Joel,

Please don't post your transaction code on the forum, since that will give anyone access to your data. I have deleted the code from CATS to protect your data. You will need to generate a new one in the UI.

Aaron

Aaron Baluczynski

Oct 4, 2016, 10:07:58 AM10/4/16
to CATS API
Are you sure you're not seeing that result? When I run the search for "java" I get that result.

Priya Jain

Oct 4, 2016, 10:29:35 AM10/4/16
to CATS API
Hi Aaron,

From where we can generate transaction key.
I have generated new transaction key but it doesn't working on the website. Will it take time to reflect on the website.

I have generated it from
Please let me know asap.

Priya Jain

Oct 4, 2016, 10:31:48 AM10/4/16
to CATS API
Also search for java returns only 8 results.

I have used this method for searching:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0fb65cei36

Aaron Baluczynski

Oct 4, 2016, 10:36:30 AM10/4/16
to CATS API
API Keys are for API v3. To generate an v2 "transaction code," go to User Management.

Aaron Baluczynski

Oct 4, 2016, 10:37:38 AM10/4/16
to CATS API
That call only returns job orders that are public, which will not include closed or unpublished job orders.

Priya Jain

Oct 4, 2016, 10:45:04 AM10/4/16
to CATS API
Yes but if you will see all the jobs are public and more than we are getting using api function:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/04965cfgce

Priya Jain

Oct 4, 2016, 11:03:16 AM10/4/16
to CATS API
I have selected all active option and got 13 results.
But api method returns 8 results.

Thanks in advance!!

Priya Jain

Oct 4, 2016, 11:03:39 AM10/4/16
to CATS API

Aaron Baluczynski

Oct 4, 2016, 11:58:57 AM10/4/16
to CATS API
I'll have a developer look into this inconsistency.

Priya Jain

Oct 5, 2016, 1:58:50 AM10/5/16
to CATS API
Thanks Aaron..!!

As its very urgent for me to get it fix.

Please do the needful asap.

Best Regards,
Priya

Aaron Baluczynski