Column removed from get_activities?

Tim Schaaf

Sep 14, 2016, 12:36:07 PM9/14/16
to CATS API

Tim Schaaf

Sep 14, 2016, 12:57:15 PM9/14/16
to CATS API
was 'created' renamed as 'date'?

Aaron Baluczynski

Sep 14, 2016, 4:58:48 PM9/14/16
to CATS API
Hi Tim,

Sorry about that. Looks like the column name was changed. A developer recently went through a lot of code in order to fix a discrepancy in how activity dates are displayed. The "date" is supposed to be the date the activity occurred, which is different from the created date (when the activity was added to CATS).

Aaron

Barry Smith

Sep 14, 2016, 5:00:58 PM9/14/16
to cats-api

Aaron...do you post changes anywhere so our production code won't break?

Aaron Baluczynski

Sep 14, 2016, 5:08:33 PM9/14/16
to CATS API
We don't post updates regarding changes to API v2 since we're not actively updating it, except for critical bug fixes or in this case changes that filter down from other parts of the codebase. Version 3 is under active development and does have a full changelog.

Aaron

Tim Schaaf

Sep 15, 2016, 9:59:24 AM9/15/16
to cats...@googlegroups.com
Hey Aaron -

I understand that you aren't actively updating API v2, but I'd feel a lot better if there was better communication around changes that 'filter down from other parts of the codebase'. I imagine you can see how people are using the API (including what columns are being requested). I'd highly recommend sending a simple email based on that data could prevent some major headaches and save a lot of time for your customers. Thanks for the quick follow up.

Thanks,
Tim