apply_joborder without ID

TBP

Oct 19, 2016, 10:00:18 AM10/19/16
to CATS API
The 'ID' parameter for https://api.catsone.com/api/apply_joborder is not required, and omitting it gives the option to apply a joborder when no ID is available. However, when the ID is removed from the POST parameters, a strange (seemingly unrelated) error message is returned:

Email and password are required parameters for registrations.

What is the right approach? Should 'ID' be set to a default value?

Aaron Baluczynski

Oct 20, 2016, 2:34:08 PM10/20/16
to CATS API
Hi,

If you leave off the job order ID it acts as a "general registration." This means you must submit all the questions for the general registration application, plus "email" and "password" parameters.

Aaron

TBP

Oct 25, 2016, 3:37:09 AM10/25/16
to CATS API
Thanks for the reply. The desired behavior is indeed to 'generally' apply for jobs that are coming up, without applying for a specific job.

What is the expected value of the 'password' parameter? Since a website visitor has no knowledge of the CATS mechanisms behind an application form that's pulled in through the API, and just wants to submit a general application.

Aaron Baluczynski

Oct 25, 2016, 10:15:45 AM10/25/16
to CATS API
The "password" field is the same as the "password" field on the general registration on the career portal. It is the password the applicant chooses to use to login to the portal at a later date.

TBP

Oct 26, 2016, 5:17:00 AM10/26/16
to CATS API
I understand. Is there any way to retrieve the actual registration form (from the /index.php?m=portal&a=register link at the portal) instead? This way, the user can provide a password.

Aaron Baluczynski

Oct 26, 2016, 10:14:17 AM10/26/16
to CATS API
I'm not sure what you're asking. It seems like all you need to do is add an input for the password and send that along with the API request.

Aaron

Aaron Baluczynski

Oct 26, 2016, 10:16:22 AM10/26/16
to CATS API
I apologize if I am in error, but I get the sense that maybe you are posting the form from the user directly to the API in the browser. Is this correct?

TBP

Oct 27, 2016, 7:58:28 AM10/27/16
to CATS API
Thanks for the clarification about adding the password field to the API response ourselves.

About the form: we're not sending the POST data to CATS in the browser itself, but on the server side after submitting.

Aaron Baluczynski

Oct 27, 2016, 10:06:42 AM10/27/16
to CATS API
Okay, good! I just wanted to make sure.

TBP

Nov 2, 2016, 12:17:05 PM11/2/16
to CATS API
Got around to testing this, but if I create the two fields and the following is added to the POST body (with real data), the same error appears:

'email'    => 'in...@example.com'
'password' => 'xxxxxx'

`Email and password are required parameters for registrations`. What am I doing wrong?

Aaron Baluczynski

Nov 2, 2016, 12:27:29 PM11/2/16
to CATS API
That looks correct. Are you sure that is actually being posted?

I have tested on my end, and the following works as expected: