filtering and then downloading the resumes.

Esfandiar Bandari

Jun 16, 2016, 8:08:10 PM6/16/16
to CATS API
Hi,
I hope this gets attention of Aaron and other technical folks.  This must be a very common request.

We want to filter a resume data bank on CATSONE and download the resumes, so we can pass it on.  That's all.
Lets say we want someone that has Java or J2EE and PhP and Android qualifications.  Then using get_candidates we type into the browser

https://[subdomain].catsone.com/api/get_candidates?transaction_code=[transaction_code]&saerch="(Java OR J2EE) AND Php And Android"&rows_per_page=50

Obviously, we have the subdomain, and transaction_code.  If I want to get the second page we do page_number=2

Is this correct?  Or do I need to create a list with add_list, in which case how do I get the list_id and how do I download a list.

In short how do I download the resumes that have been filtered.  I do not think that I use get_backup?  i.e.,
https://[subdomain].catsone.com/api/get_backup?transaction_code=[transaction_code]

And if so do I use get_attachments=True?   Finally, where are the resumes stored to?

If there is a PhP code, I would really appreciate seeing it.

Thanks in advance for your help, E

Aaron Baluczynski

Jun 17, 2016, 9:50:20 AM6/17/16
to CATS API
Hi,

There is no way to get resumes directly from a search. You will have to search on get_candidates, loop through the pages (yes, using page_number) and make a list of all the IDs. Then you can use get_attachment to grab the attachments for each candidate. The attachment record contains a "url" property that links to the actual document, which you can then download to your drive.

Aaron

Esfandiar Bandari

Jun 17, 2016, 4:35:53 PM6/17/16
to CATS API
Hi Aaron,
Thanks for the reply.  It only makes sense that this is an popular requested feature.  Do you have a script that takes a subdomain, and a transaction_code, and a boolean string to search the resumes and then either downloads the resumes, or at least displays the candidates, so their resumes can be downloaded manually?

Has anybody else on this Google Group done this, and can help us?

Thanks in advance for your reply, E

Aaron Baluczynski

Jun 17, 2016, 4:44:12 PM6/17/16
to CATS API
Hi,

We don't have any scripts available, and I can't say I've heard from anyone using the API for this purpose. Did you know it is possible to create a zip file of attachments from a search on the candidates page in CATS? The only drawback is that it's limited to 500 candidates per bundle.

Aaron

Esfandiar Bandari

Jun 17, 2016, 4:52:57 PM6/17/16
to CATS API
No I did not know you can zip the attachments.

I have 3 questions.  One can the zipping be done remotely, and then the zip file downloaded somehow?  Or do we have to be on the Console to do this?  I suspect the later, but if the zip can be downloaded remotely, then what would be the command?

Second, what information is contained in the attachment?  I suspect it is not just the URL to the resume, but all kind of other information about the candidate, the job that he has applied to, the emails sent and received, etc.   As you can see we are truly novice to CATSONE.

Lastly, Aaron is there a way for us to call you or you to call us.  650.862.8351.  I know you have a live chat over there as well.  If you tell me when you are going to be live chat, then I can be using that as well.

Thanks in advance again, E

Aaron Baluczynski

Jun 17, 2016, 4:59:59 PM6/17/16
to CATS API
You will need to contact our support team for help with the features inside CATS. This forum is just for the API.

Vijay S

Jun 17, 2016, 5:35:51 PM6/17/16
to CATS API
Hi Aaron,
We often get the same requirement as well.  That is, to be able to do a search remotely and then store the resulting resumes via the api.  Is there a way ?   How about with v3 api?

Can we get the zip done remotely, and then have it emailed or downloaded?

Thanks.

Aaron Baluczynski

Jun 18, 2016, 10:04:05 AM6/18/16
to CATS API
Hi,

At present the resume bundles can only be generated from CATS in the browser. It is possible to use the API to get all the attachments you want, but as I described, it's a multi-step process involving several API calls and then downloading each file.

Aaron