get_activities - notes are lacking Status change, Added, or Removed for items after Aug 26, or job orders > 8000000

Bryan Moore

Jan 17, 2017, 11:48:45 AM1/17/17
to CATS API

New problem not getting all <notes> containing Status change or Added or Removed:

You may recall that get_activities was altered preventing search by job order some time in December, but now filter by job order was enabled this week. So we are again retrieving by job_order number, but we are not seeing all status.

I start with get_joborders as before, more than 25, no problem so far.

But only the oldest three job orders (7896xxx to 7999xxx) are showing any  activities with <notes> that contain Status Change, or Added... / Removed...
I'm seeing about 100 status related activities out of 400 total

There are at least 25 more job orders numbered 8064xxx or higher, with about 1,500 activities, and yet none of them are showing Status change related <notes>

This is probably somewhere in the API code unless you can think of some way one of our recruiters could possibly alter the web configuration to mess this up without noticing it on their browsers?

Note: I am also seeing that the <notes> containing status are not current - presently status only appears for activities 8/26/2016 or older.

I checked report we successfully ran on December 2, before the get_activities started acting up.

The earlier report shows the lowest numbered job order had 73 activities (with <notes> containing Status change, Added, or Removed) but now shows only 23, as seen in my new summary (attached)

When I look at  a date-sorted listing of activities I can quickly see the older list includes activities through November 29, but today's report only goes to August 25.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Bryan

CATS_summary_20170117_0822.jpg

Aaron Baluczynski

Jan 17, 2017, 12:11:26 PM1/17/17
to CATS API
Hi Bryan,

I know why this happened. We made a change to how the automatic notes are stored in the system. I'll look into what we can do. You don't need to filter on the notes, do you?

Aaron

Bryan Moore

Jan 17, 2017, 1:33:31 PM1/17/17
to CATS API

Correct just need the <notes> in the returned result, and "Status change: xxxx" used to be in <notes>.  If these fields are no longer available in notes but can be returned in some other column, that will work also.

Aaron Baluczynski

Jan 17, 2017, 2:07:49 PM1/17/17
to CATS API
Okay, this is fixed. The automated notes will now appear in the notes field.

Bryan Moore

Jan 17, 2017, 5:04:19 PM1/17/17
to CATS API

Looks good! Thanks!