Re: API v2 to be deprecated October 1, 2017

Barry Smith

Mar 29, 2017, 1:11:15 PM3/29/17
to cats-api
Tony, do you have any gap analysis as to what wasn't ported over to V3? Or is every feature in V2 now in V3?

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Tony Sternberg <to...@catsone.com> wrote:
API v3 is now out of beta and ready for production use. As a result, v2 of the API will be disabled on October 1, 2017. It is highly recommended that any new API development be done using v3. We ask that existing integrations built with v2 begin planning their migration strategy as soon as possible to avoid service interruptions after the deprecation date.

You'll find v3 documentation at http://docs.catsone.com/api/v3/. Please direct any questions regarding v3 usage or migrations to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/cats-api-v3.

  Barry Smith
  Managing Partner
  CIO Resources (a StartFinder company)

Work - 240.668.4844  |  Cell - 240.793.9125
  ba...@cioresources.com
  http://www.cioresources.com

Also, check out our open roles on our website at  http://dreamjobs.cioresources.com ...

we pay for placed referrals!

Aaron Baluczynski

Mar 29, 2017, 2:51:48 PM3/29/17
to CATS API
Hi Barry, to the best of our knowledge API v3 has all the functionality of v2. It's possible we missed a few minor things, but we made a concerted effort to implement every feature in v3 before deprecating v2.

Aaron

Barry Smith

Mar 29, 2017, 3:28:04 PM3/29/17
to cats-api
Aaron, if you are on it I'm sure it's solid ... you are awesome.  I'll port my current V2 app to V3 as a test case and at least see if we are covered ;)

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Aaron Baluczynski <abaluc...@catsone.com> wrote:
Hi Barry, to the best of our knowledge API v3 has all the functionality of v2. It's possible we missed a few minor things, but we made a concerted effort to implement every feature in v3 before deprecating v2.

Aaron

Aaron Baluczynski

Mar 29, 2017, 5:22:10 PM3/29/17
to CATS API
Thanks for the compliment. :) You'll be in good hands with our main API v3 developer, Anthony. He responds quickly to questions and suggestions on the v3 forum.

Aaron